What's new

Vintage brush question

I bought a vintage razor and it came with the brush and cup shown below. It was someone's shaving set. I can't make out the manufacturer of the brush. The bottom is marked:

Sterilized
Set in rubber
Made in the USA
There is an oval mark for the manufacturer, but I can't make it out.

And the cup came with it, marked as shown in the photo.

The brush appears to have a badger knot and lathers well. Is there a way for me to sterilize it? Or should it be sent out for refurb and a new knot? If so, too whom? And is there any value in that old cup? I have several brushes and just bought this set for the razor. But I suspect there is some value or history for the brush. Any help would be appreciated.

brush.jpg
brush bottom.jpg

If you like the way it lathers leave it alone and enjoy it. It was not a high end brush but the handle is lovely. If you want to reknot it, consider Rudy Vey.

The lovelyness of the mug is in the eye of the beholder. I don't recognize it, but if you like it, use it.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Great find there! In terms of sterilizing I grab a mug, put my brush in bristle down and fill it with hydrogen peroxide and let it soak a bit. I'll go by from time to time and give the brush a little shimmy shake juje. Theres no rule for time, but.. I dunno... an hour? It gives me peace of mind.

Thanks for the info. The brush and mug came as a bonus with a vintage Theirs Issard razor of the same era. The razor was in excellent condition (no spine wear) and the brush and mug were part of the gentleman's set. I am looking into restoring the brush with a new knot.

Top Bottom