What's new

Vintage British 2nd Generation Aristocrat

Got this beauty off our local auction site. The razor is almost mint, just needed some cleaning. The inside of the case is in great condition too. Only the outside needs attention.

The case is interesting. It's leather bound rather than the normal plated version. Anyone have a guess as to the set number of this one? #21 #15 or some other version.

Gillette 2nd Gen Aristocrat Razor.jpg Gillette 2nd Gen Aristocrat Razor1.jpg Gillette 2nd Gen Aristocrat Razor2.jpg Gillette 2nd Gen Aristocrat Razor3.jpg Gillette 2nd Gen Aristocrat Razor4.jpg

Going to have a shave with it this evening.

R

romsitsa

Hello,

leather covered metal box, in theory, it’s a No 20, but afaik no such shipper surfaced till today. There was a similar set with gold plated razor and fittings, based on Gen 1 sets that should be a No 19.

Here is a set that looks like a No 19, except for the liner color and that the shipper states No 15.
British Aristocrat In Unique Case: Which model number is this?

I tend to exclude No 15 (nickel plated case) and No 21 (new style case).

Adam

Ive never seen a razor like this one in a case with 2 blade banks.
Could it be the razor from a #21 or #15 set, in a mismatched case?

It looks to be in great condition though....enjoy.....an excellent shaver
by all accounts. Very efficient and smooth.

Thanks gents.

I don't think it's a mismatch. The case itself is the exact same one used for all British Aristocrats of the 1930-40s but instead of being plated, was covered in a thin leather like the one romsitsa linked. The cardboard inner is the same one used for the time period of the razor as well.

R

romsitsa

I think the No 14 was cobbled together to use up Deluxe cases. The set above matches the description of a No 20. Until someone presents a leather wrapped case with a fold out blade holder (like a No 15).

Adam

Top Bottom