What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

lasta

Blade Biter
Been on a Super Stainless binge lately, another 70 to the growing collection:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 001846.jpg

These should include 6 packs made in the Czech Republic and 2 Made in Mexico, likely 90's/early 2000's.

After trying US, Canadian, French, and Russian varieties, this marks another step on my Gillette Super Stainless journey.

Now I'll have to track down the short production runs in Poland and Argentina!

I do hope @ivan_101 would kindly share his opinions so I could compare notes.

View attachment 1597173
These should include 6 packs made in the Czech Republic and 2 Made in Mexico, likely 90's/early 2000's.

After trying US, Canadian, French, and Russian varieties, this marks another step on my Gillette Super Stainless journey.

How could I compare opinions if these are blade strictly for US and Canada. They are unobtanium in Europe.

There are also blades with the same packaging that are made in Argentina. Prior to the Mexican made I think. When the Annecy plant in France closed in 1991, they sold both North American and European blade models made in Argentina for a short time. If you have Russian made they should be probably 2004-2005 (the latest). The Czech made ones are between 1993 and 1999.

View attachment 1597173

BTW, have you ever seen Super Stainless/ Inoxydable that say "Made in Poland"? Because I haven't.
If someone saw a package that doesn't state country of manufacture and calims they are made in Poland, there is no way that can be proved.

Thanks for asking. That’s a tough question. The Twin. I really haven’t had a bad experience with any of them. The Schick Twin is my benchmark though. It is almost a “forever blade”. It just keeps going shave after shave. Even with a hurried prep the Twin still shines with a smooth and close shave. I have to admit the difference in using a vintage blade vs a contemporary like a proline 20 is slight, but the twin produces a more carefree experience. If you travel, you don’t have to pack any extra blades.

Now I need to find some Twin Gillettes and Twin Personnas to compare.
Pics shows 2 L models - one with a twin loaded..
8ADEE402-0C79-497B-8800-0215BFD46251.jpeg
DD8CC3B8-90D8-4CF5-A493-9093F932B342.jpeg

I've never used an L model Schick. About five years ago I did own a type O clone and used Japanese made Schick twin blades with it. As I recall, the combination made for a relatively effortless, comfortable, close shave. Wish I hadn't sold it.

You should use some of those, the Schick's are really good and you have some sleeper Wilk LB's in there that are incredible. Spoilers aren't bad either...

You're kidding! The 3 packs of "Super Sword Edge" are light brigades?

I thought LB said Chromium Edge

You're kidding! The 3 packs of "Super Sword Edge" are light brigades?

I thought LB said Chromium Edge
Sadly no they’re not Light Brigades. Super Swords are the contemporary of Gillette Spoilers and Schick Super Stainless. And then, I think, comes Gillette Platinum Plus, Schick Plus Platinums and Wilkinson Light Brigades, but Dale would be the one to confirm or refute that.

Sadly no they’re not Light Brigades. Super Swords are the contemporary of Gillette Spoilers and Schick Super Stainless. And then, I think, comes Gillette Platinum Plus, Schick Plus Platinums and Wilkinson Light Brigades, but Dale would be the one to confirm or refute that.
I agree with this, for whatever that matters. But you forgot Personna! There are older Super Stainless something or the other, but I have a very small supply of the Ultra-Chrome blades. Just pulled the dispenser out to check the naming, they are very sharp from memory.

I agree with this, for whatever that matters. But you forgot Personna! There are older Super Stainless something or the other, but I have a very small supply of the Ultra-Chrome blades. Just pulled the dispenser out to check the naming, they are very sharp from memory.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure those are Personna Precision blades which again sadly are carbon and probably not much good for shaving.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure those are Personna Precision blades which again sadly are carbon and probably not much good for shaving.
No, I have , I think, all of Personnas stainless offerings and Ultra is one of them. I also have some marked Electro but from what I’ve been able to find they’re the same as the Ultra.

I've just managed to pick up 2 tucks of the made in Holland Shick Super Stainless being delivered to my parents in France to avoid high shipping costs to the UK. Has anyone tried these and any thoughts? I've searched the forum and can't find much info on these. Most comments are for the Schick super Platinums or Super Stainless Krona comfort.
IMG_20230417_213349.jpg

So after purchasing the Schick super stainless I've gone on a bit more of a vintage escapade..... Managed to pick up some Gillette Annecy platinums in France and some Canadian Gillette super stainless (super inoxydable) heard great things about the Annecy platinums but not much positive about the Gillette super inoxdable....... Im a newbie to vintage n thought I'd got the infamous spoilers but from the things I've read there's not much love for the super stainless inoxydable..... Has anyone got any positives about the Canadian ones as I've just purchased 40 🤣 I think the Platinums are supposed to be good ?
IMG_20230421_155043.jpg
IMG_20230421_155012.jpg

Top Bottom