What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

Shades of Schick
Note:
The Plus Platinum says "Super Platinum" on the blades.
My guess is that these are early production and that Schick later decided to put "Plus Platinum" on the blades,
to differentiate them from the Super Chromium & Super Stainless.

IMGP7021-5.jpg

Hi all I have a collection of vintage Blades mainly full boxes and to bags of one of assorted full pucks and one of assorted blades in wrappers.
They are getting harder to come by now . I wish I had of sort out some full Gillette boxes years ago very scarce now
The thing is they all just sit in a box in the cupboard.
When I see them spread out I feel like a bit of a hoarder 🤒
vintage blade.jpg

To me they were no where close. The first time I attributed to it being 1 loose blade in a lot that could have had poor storage conditions over the years but my second trial was with a completely pristine sealed pack and had the same result. Glad they work for you though & you are right about the Light Brigades. They are amazing but not worth $5 a blade.
I spent years gathering vintage blades of all the major brands for use. With patience, and by bidding low and losing 9 out of 10 times and negotiating trades and prices I've been able to acquire every make including the legendary Personna 74s for less than market prices. In many cases less than modern blades on a cost per shave basis but for some reason people selling Light Brigades have never once budged on price. In my experience.

Saint Patrick’s Day Shave

Razor: Gillette 1967 Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Shamrock - The Good Luck Shave
Brush: FS - 26mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Sensitive Skin
Lather: Proraso White (Sensitive Skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
79FAA093-000D-4ADB-9B0E-EC05436D0208.jpeg

Shamrock. The Good Luck Shave.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
These came in the mail today. Not too bad for 89 cents a pack. 🤪😜🤪😜🤪😜🤓. Been meaning to try these for a while. Got another 125 blade sleeve of the vintage British London Bridge blades the other day as well. Some people say they are the same. Some people say no. Now I can see for myself if they are the same or not.

B95D8981-A918-49CC-8361-A3EABF497E14.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
These came in the mail today. Not too bad for 89 cents a pack. 🤪😜🤪😜🤪😜🤓. Been meaning to try these for a while. Got another 125 blade sleeve of the vintage British London Bridge blades the other day as well. Some people say they are the same. Some people say no. Now I can see for myself if they are the same or not.

View attachment 1435661
Ya know that you are old when you can remember that package!

I bought a lot of junk razors for one in particular. Looks like they threw in some blades.
A 15 pack of Schick Krona Stainless. Are these worth shaving with, or are they just for collectors. From the picture, it looks like the card they're on is still sealed.
They should be delivering by next Monday.

I have been lucky finding some nice deals on blades and just today received a great bundle. I have been really enjoying using Gillette Spoilers lately and have been slowly accumulating more as I have switched to vintage blades only. From a backdoor Ebay deal, I found 14 packs of 15 spoilers. I get 5 great shaves from a spoiler blade so this bunch should last me at least 10 years. I was also able to get 110 Wilkinson Chromium sword masters. I never tried these but hear they are great. Also 20 Gillette platnum and 5 Personna 74’s.

Luck was with me this week

49C1EA55-61AD-48F8-BD35-EAFCC39030E5.jpeg

Top Bottom