What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

From a Micromatic Set
IMG_8502.JPG

I've tried to research further information based on the codes seen on your pics but I had little luck.
About the blister pictured in #355, I've seen the same cardboard hanger was used later, only the plastic dispenser is gone and the blades were sold in cardboard tucks:

As you can see these were produced in Baddi, India by Gillette India Ltd, same blades sold today as "Gillette Wilkinson Sword".
The Baddi plant also produces 7 O'Clock Super Platinums and 7 O'Clock Permasharp blades among others.
The above pictured blades are dated 2014.

In 2002 Indian Shaving Products (ISP) which was the flagship company of Gillette in India, merged with Wiltech India Ltd (this was a blade and razors company set up in 1979 in technical collaboration with Wilkinson Sword U.K.) and became Gillette India Ltd.

I think it is safe to say Wilkinson Sword blades sold in Australia since the early 2000s were produced in India. Nothing bad about it because Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades are among my favorite modern blades.

Interesting. I could get my hands on those Wilkinson as blister packs, but I'm in the yearly Sabbatical, and the price here for those is extortionate.
I expect in those packets the blade would like this, which looks the same as the German blades currently still available at retailers (not sure if they are even made in Germany anymore)

wilkie.jpg

I wasn't aware Wilkinson-branded (not the Gillette hybrid) blades being made in India too at the same time, I thought it went England, then Germany.
It's quite possible those unmarked blades I have are early Indian production.
Good info, thanks for sharing your findings! :thumbup1:

I wasn't aware Wilkinson-branded (not the Gillette hybrid) blades being made in India too at the same time, I thought it went England, then Germany.
It's quite possible those unmarked blades I have are early Indian production.
Good info, thanks for sharing your findings! :thumbup1:

By the way Wiltech blades produced in India from 1979 to 2002 were never branded Wilkinson Sword rather with obscure brands now long gone like "Savage", "Wilman" and "Wilkedge".

I found these made in France Le Zebre blades in the blade tin of the circa 1918-1921 made-in-Canada old type ball end I just bought from a French seller on Ebay. It was a pleasant surprise on top of the beautiful razor and tin. I'll be preserving them as I haven't seen or heard of the brand anywhere and can't find any information on them.
20210204_224422.jpg20210204_223756.jpg

I have been reading (and learning from) B&B for over a year now so I thought it be time for my first post. I bought this 200 pack of vintage Polsilver blades: fully sealed so I did not know what the tucks would look like, and I was surprised to see a package that I had not come accros before. As a bonus the inside of the pack appeared to bear a stamp stating 22 March 1970. I haven’t used any blade yet but intend to do so. Does anyone have any idea on these blades and their quality?

Attachments

• 138D63E3-7540-44D5-A14A-FFBCB6F2F7A9.jpeg
    138D63E3-7540-44D5-A14A-FFBCB6F2F7A9.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
  • FA12BE81-6AFE-4D56-B372-33D426B26CBB.jpeg
    FA12BE81-6AFE-4D56-B372-33D426B26CBB.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 27
I have been reading (and learning from) B&B for over a year now so I thought it be time for my first post. I bought this 200 pack of vintage Polsilver blades: fully sealed so I did not know what the tucks would look like, and I was surprised to see a package that I had not come accros before. As a bonus the inside of the pack appeared to bear a stamp stating 22 March 1970. I haven’t used any blade yet but intend to do so. Does anyone have any idea on these blades and their quality?

I've seen all kinds of Wizamet and Polsilver blades with different packaging and what not, but i've never seen those before.

I can only imagine they are great blades, I've never seen that packaging before either. Usually the common ones you see are gold/woodgrain.

Not sure if they are old enough to be classed as "vintage" (I know nothing about them other than they are Personna so I took a punt on them), but I have these blades inbound. They appear to be unopened so I am hoping they are in good enough condition to try out.

1613577907683.png
1613577972065.png

Last edited:
Personnas arrived today! All 6 boxes were still in their, now very fragile, cellophane/plastic wrappers. I opened and got out a blade from one box of Super Stainless and one Platinum and they look in excellent condition!

20210219_130954.jpg20210219_131056.jpg20210219_131228.jpg20210219_130821.jpg

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Haha ... no, that’s some other anal retentive, obsessive-compulsive B&B’er. :)

I still think I got a batch of spoilers from you in a lot of stuff. Either way I think I have over 200 of them in my stash now. That box of 120 blades in their blister packs is gonna stay put. It will probably be worth a pretty penny in another 10 years when all us blade nuts shave down the world supply a bunch more. :)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I still think I got a batch of spoilers from you in a lot of stuff. Either way I think I have over 200 of them in my stash now. That box of 120 blades in their blister packs is gonna stay put. It will probably be worth a pretty penny in another 10 years when all us blade nuts shave down the world supply a bunch more. :)
The ones I sent you were stuck together a good bit, and in need of serious un-sticking.

Picked up a tuck of English made Wilkinson Swords today (thrown in with a new to me and unused shave soap)

20210225_131634.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom