What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

View attachment 1085144
anyone have a club razor to go with this?
You rang?
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

I bought about 100 Tomac razor blades.

I haven't found much information on the web about these blades.

All I know for sure is that the blades are Made in England.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
I bought about 100 Tomac razor blades.

I haven't found much information on the web about these blades.

All I know for sure is that the blades are Made in England.
Well, I can guess they're from late 60's, give or take, and quite likely you'd be able to get a good shave from them. Or some, you'll need to look them over first. Stainless blades were introduced in 1962 and super stainless ones some years later.

R

romsitsa

Laurin blade (German) two in one for “rough” cut and clean up.

8F41453A-8236-4592-BC6A-50A611A3F5A5.jpeg

Adam

I don't know if you plan on using or keeping those but for most people who've tried enough to form an opinion, vintage blades are the best and for most of us that use vintage these are one of two or three considered the best ever.

I had about 6 packs of these. This is the last one and it won't be opened.

I have a some individual blades, but I have more of unopened packs of blades. I am starting an album of individual blades and was thinking maybe I should open the packs and put one from that into the album.

I'm sort of loath to open NOS (although it's not likely to be rare at all).

What would you all do?

-jim

I have a some individual blades, but I have more of unopened packs of blades. I am starting an album of individual blades and was thinking maybe I should open the packs and put one from that into the album.

I'm sort of loath to open NOS (although it's not likely to be rare at all).

What would you all do?

-jim
Post some pics of them and ill tell you what I think as someone who's been using vintage blades only for years. Not that that alone makes me any kind of an expert.

Picked up some random vintage SE blades today.
53908EF9-3E32-4BCC-8F59-905A4C1A888F.jpeg

Oddly, there is no mention on the box of the number of blades inside.

I saw a full display card of NOS Segal blades. $75 for twenty packs of Segal blades. There was even a Segal razor for sale by a different vendor in the same mall.

Picked up some random vintage SE blades today.
View attachment 1171501
Oddly, there is no mention on the box of the number of blades inside.

I saw a full display card of NOS Segal blades. $75 for twenty packs of Segal blades. There was even a Segal razor for sale by a different vendor in the same mall.
Great find, and also a great find on Segal lades which are rare.

Do they have any Personna 74s or Wilkinson Chromium Edge? If so, let me know.

I'm on a vintage kick lately. I have to say I've been lucky this week as I've scored some nice blades. No luck on Wilkinsons though, there are many on the auction site right now but at outrageous prices.

12 Dutch Schick Super Stainless for the French market.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

40 "Swedes"
s-l1600 (2).jpg

10 Annecy-France GBE + 36 Polish(?) GBE
s-l1600 (3).jpg

5 British Personna Super Stainless + 5 Personna 74
This lot was a gamble because the tucks are not sealed (maybe the Personna dispenser is) but for €9 shipped I couldn't let it pass.
s-l1600.jpg

The two "Franchino" tucks made me smile. It's Italian for "Frankie" or "Little Frank". Sounds like some goodfellas' blades :001_tongu

I'm on a vintage kick lately. I have to say I've been lucky this week as I've scored some nice blades. No luck on Wilkinsons though, there are many on the auction site right now but at outrageous prices.

12 Dutch Schick Super Stainless for the French market.
View attachment 1175490

40 "Swedes"

10 Annecy-France GBE + 36 Polish(?) GBE

5 British Personna Super Stainless + 5 Personna 74
This lot was a gamble because the tucks are not sealed (maybe the Personna dispenser is) but for €9 shipped I couldn't let it pass.
View attachment 1175493

The two "Franchino" tucks made me smile. It's Italian for "Frankie" or "Little Frank". Sounds like some goodfellas' blades :001_tongu

that's a nice looking hanger Schick hanger!

And I know what you mean by the open packs, I've gotten a few before that weren't even loaded with the right blades. That is a little disappointing.

-jim

Top Bottom