What's new

Vintage blade collectors club

I can't say I'm a blade collector, but I do pick up a variety of blades when I buy vintage razors. I can't really bring myself to throwing them out, and they don't take up much room, so they stick around.

Here's a couple photos of the wrapped blades. There's probably a few others squirreled away in razor cases, but probably nothing significant. I do have another pile of loose, unwrapped, probably-used blades, but I'm going to toss them into my blade bank for recycling.

View attachment 502211

View attachment 502210

Hello dear friend collector, I am looking for contacts with Collectors of RAZOR BLADES VINTAGE, for exchange or purchase.

Please, Write to:
[email protected]

I also have some VINTAGE safety razors that I could offer in exchange for RAZOR BLADES VINTAGE
Best regards,
Giuseppe (italy)

Got a package with a couple more in the mail today. :blushing:

proxy.php
Hello dear friend collector, I am looking for contacts with Collectors of RAZOR BLADES VINTAGE, for exchange or purchase.

Please, Write to:
[email protected]

I also have some VINTAGE safety razors that I could offer in exchange for RAZOR BLADES VINTAGE
Best regards,
Giuseppe (italy)

I don't own these,but here are some great Swedish steel blades ,made in Swedens heyday...

Please, Write to:
[email protected]

Best regards,
Giuseppe (italy)

Hello men, I just now noticed this thread, and have subscribed. While I like, and collect some vintage blades, my collection is very small. However, I do have a few interesting blade packs I would like to show everyone. I would also like to add, that I use Gillette Blue Blades as a regular blade, and I dread the day when I can no longer find them. They are getting harder and harder to acquire. Anyway, here's the photos of some of my favorite blades. View attachment 523987

Please, Write to:
[email protected]

Best regards,
Giuseppe (italy)

Found a pack of these Grand Leader blades recently. Haven't been able to find any info. Blade says Made in USA, Newark New Jersey.

proxy.php

Listen, I may have asked this before ,but does anyone else besides me "collect" vintage blades to use? I use them exclusively . Of course the carbon ones are divided into just to collect,( unusable ) and very carefully sourced and inspected ones for use, few as they are. The stainless ones I use are light years better than modern offerings. I'm patient where I need to be, wheel and deal when I can to the point where my costs per shave equal or beat current blades. Disabled, lots of time on my hands.
Hello, I too use a lot of vintage blades myself. Only I use the Gillette Blue Blades. I have tried the vintage stainless Gillette’s, Schick, and Wilkinson’s. They just don’t give me the ultimate shaving sensations that I enjoy. The old carbon steel blades made by Gillette are the best blade I’ve used for my tastes. I have some from all ranges of production. Some from France, and England too. I enjoy them all. I have found the blades from the war years of WWII to be the sharpest and smoothest of them all. And although they don’t last as long as the stainless blades, they still give me fantastic shaved after all these years. I would encourage everyone to try some from the 1940’s. You will be surprised. Just inspect them carefully to be sure they are serviceable.
Have a great day.
☮️

Hello, I too use a lot of vintage blades myself. Only I use the Gillette Blue Blades. I have tried the vintage stainless Gillette’s, Schick, and Wilkinson’s. They just don’t give me the ultimate shaving sensations that I enjoy. The old carbon steel blades made by Gillette are the best blade I’ve used for my tastes. I have some from all ranges of production. Some from France, and England too. I enjoy them all. I have found the blades from the war years of WWII to be the sharpest and smoothest of them all. And although they don’t last as long as the stainless blades, they still give me fantastic shaved after all these years. I would encourage everyone to try some from the 1940’s. You will be surprised. Just inspect them carefully to be sure they are serviceable.
Have a great day.
☮️
Norman, the majority of the blades I have that are usable are my stainless ones but I do have many carbon ones that are a real joy to use. I developed some rules for buying carbon blades that ,while it may have caused me to pass on some different perfectly fine ones, has almost eliminated the risk of getting totally unusable ones. Of my carbons the absolute best performing ones I have are my Schick Deluxe with Krona edge.

Norman, the majority of the blades I have that are usable are my stainless ones but I do have many carbon ones that are a real joy to use. I developed some rules for buying carbon blades that ,while it may have caused me to pass on some different perfectly fine ones, has almost eliminated the risk of getting totally unusable ones. Of my carbons the absolute best performing ones I have are my Schick Deluxe with Krona edge.

I had forgotten about those blades. You are right on the money with your thoughts on those Schick blades. I first tried one five or six years ago. At the time I searched high and low to add to my blade stash. I never found any. Not even one more serviceable dispenser. The first time I used one I knew they were special. I have never found any more. I put the dispenser I have in the back of one of my cabinets and forgot about them. They not only rival Gillette’s Blue Blades, they surpass them. But they are impossible to find.

proxy.php

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been gravely ill. I have been so all winter, and actually gotten worse recently. My apologies.
[emoji3522] peace [emoji3522]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

A nice B&B member suggested I join this thread/club. I've been a member of B&B for about a month's time.
In that short time, I have already collected twenty seven vintage Razors (two dozen of which are Safety Razors).
Yesterday (per another thread I started) I found the following little box and I couldn't resist purchase.
Ugggh, looks as if I'm now hooked on Blade Art boxes !

"I Juan to buy another razor today but bought this instead".

I Juan to buy another Razor today but, bought this instead :

SixCats!

I had forgotten about those blades. You are right on the money with your thoughts on those Schick blades. I first tried one five or six years ago. At the time I searched high and low to add to my blade stash. I never found any. Not even one more serviceable dispenser. The first time I used one I knew they were special. I have never found any more. I put the dispenser I have in the back of one of my cabinets and forgot about them. They not only rival Gillette’s Blue Blades, they surpass them. But they are impossible to find.

proxy.php

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been gravely ill. I have been so all winter, and actually gotten worse recently. My apologies.

Alan - Mormon Bridge - very sorry to hear of your illness. I have enjoyed your postings and hope to see you back on your feet with razor in your hand in the near future. It is Easter and I wish you renewed strength.
Hugh

Alan - Mormon Bridge - very sorry to hear of your illness. I have enjoyed your postings and hope to see you back on your feet with razor in your hand in the near future. It is Easter and I wish you renewed strength.
Hugh
Thank you Hugh. I’m on my feet for now, and moving forward,my best bet is to get and stay as active as I physically can. I’m sure you know “a rolling stone gathers no moss. “.
☮️ peace ☮️

proxy.php

Sorry to hear about your illness Morman, I can sympathize being disabled myself and sometimes I'm not even able to post anything for weeks. Even such a little thing is insurmountable. I sincerely hope your turn for the worse is temporary and the near future finds you feeling better. As for those Schick blades they've been impossible for me to find before and since that one time I found a few dispensers in pristine shape shrink wrapped even from a source halfway around the world.

I have just started to collect blades. I have lots of razors, brushes, soaps, mugs and everything else in my shaving collection, so I decided it was time to start collecting blades. Blades certainly seem to be more affordable than some of the other shaving collectibles. Question for you seasoned collectors: do you prefer single blades in their wrappers or do you prefer whole unopened tucks? Or do you prefer just the bare blades?

Last edited:
There are so many blades out there that I have limited myself to 3 hole Gillettes - at least for now. I'm at a loss as to how to organize them or display them so right now they just are in small boxes

I walked into my inlaws house today and was handed these. I spent some time trying to find things out about them but have come up empty. It might just be my inability to search or it might be that the search results are flooded with "Man from Mayfair" or "Royal Mayfair" for some reason. Thought I would share them here as I hadn't seen them in any prior posts. Sadly, the one I opened seems to have rusted and I am not super hopeful for the rest, but it is fun to see them.

Mayfair blades.jpg

Top Bottom