What's new

Vintage Avon find

saw a number of vintage Avon containers today - screwdriver, CB mike, and cars... but none interest me... does anyone else have an interest? (honestly, my interest is not pecuniary)

willie
on the flea-market Gulf of Mexico

View attachment 572019picked this up a few weeks ago, kinda interesting.

I have the 18th edition. That's where I get all my Avon knowledge from! Anytime some asks about a year a certain decanter was made, or what aftershaves can in it... This is where I look.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431910206.637565.jpg

I just came across a 20+ lot all NOS with boxes. Lots of cars, a couple of pipes (corn cob and uncle sam), A really cool coleman lantern and others. I'll try to get a pic up later tonight!

Chris

Great score!

+1. Our Salvation Army doesn't have a storefront but Good Will does. I've never looked for any AS there but I probably should. A guy who does Estate Sales says the best place to find various shaving paraphernalia is at flea markets but I haven't checked any of ours lately.

It was the first shaving related thing I picked up at salvation army I see empty bottles but that's usually it. I love the local flea market though, just spent $23 and walked away with a 59 Fatboy, late 40's ball end tech, gem bullet tip and Weck hair shaper.

Pick this up at an antique store Saturday. The pipe is in very good condition and still has a lot of "Spicy" aftershave left. The scent is not something I enjoy nor do I care to display the pipe as part of my den so I intend to offer it up in the Gentlemanly Deals forum soon. It was an impulse buy. :facep:

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked this up at the Salvation Army today. They were having a half off the entire store sale so it cost me $0.58. It is half full of Island Lime. The scent smells pretty good not to over powering I am not really fragrance kind of guy, but I may actually use this on occasion.

Dose anyone know how to fix the cap so it sits straight when tight? I tried to just pull it off but it seems to be stuck pretty hard.

Attachments

• $DSCF7747.jpg
    $DSCF7747.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 153
  • $DSCF7748.jpg
    $DSCF7748.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 151
Top Bottom