What's new

Vintage Avon find

Good score, Fred! I have only a single bottle of Mesmerize for Men, and it's one of my favorites. I've grabbed up a fair amount of the AS Conditioner, which is easier to find (still in production, I think). The Avon site describes it thusly:

Mysterious myrrh, precious woods & exotic spices are accented with the intrigue of mandarin and bergamot to create a scent specially for him! Give him a scent that will remind you of him forever. 3.4 fl. oz. SCENT SENSE: this is an oriental scent. Infused with spices and vanilla to project sexiness and depth.

Here's the scent description from Basenotes:

Thanks, John! I like it well enough that I cruised Avon's site looking for current-stock splash (and was a bit bummed to find it was only available as a lotion-type). Should I come across more at a fair price, I won't hesitate to buy it. I'm glad I didn't pass it up in favor of an empty decanter. :thumbup:

I can see where your ALPHA group could get me into trouble...

Thanks, John! I like it well enough that I cruised Avon's site looking for current-stock splash (and was a bit bummed to find it was only available as a lotion-type). Should I come across more at a fair price, I won't hesitate to buy it. I'm glad I didn't pass it up in favor of an empty decanter. :thumbup:

I can see where your ALPHA group could get me into trouble...

we are here for help, not to get u in trouble :devil2:

Legion

Staff member
Finally I find another score in the wild. A pipe full of windjammer and its box. I also found a marlin bottle, but it was empty, and cost too much, so I left it behind.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I just got the same pipe, different AS though. I need to get pics of my recent finds, I found some rare scents.

Found a bunch of Avon decanters, some were full, others had partial contents, but I didn't find any different fragrances than the ones I already have. All were priced around $8.

$20130302_134538.jpg $20130302_134547.jpg

So, in moving to Florida, I passed several antique stores along the way. Had time ot stop at a few and here's what I was able to find.

Boxed Dueling Pistol II '75- Wild Country
Indian Head Penny '70-'72 - Bravo :thumbup:
Domino '78-'79 - Everest:thumbup1:
Super Cycle '71-'72 - Island Lime :drool::001_wub:
World's Greatest Dad "Trophy" '71 - Spicy
Viking Horn '66 - Blue Blazer :w00t:
Boots'N Saddle '80-'81 - Empty, will refill with Wild Country to use on my counter.
Bulldog Pipe '72-'73 - Oland
Bloodhound Pipe '76 - Deep Woods (Birthyear Decanter!)
Pipe Full '72-'74 - Spicy
Corncob Pipe '74-'75 - Wild Country
On The Mark (Hammer) '78 - Everest:thumbup1:

proxy.php

I hadn't ever seen the Domino until this past Saturday, but as it was empty and they were asking too much, it got left behind. Lurkalot, those anvils are pretty cool! I especially like the hammer caps. I hadn't seen that particular bottle before, either. Thanks for sharing.

I almost feel bad. I seller had full two vintage Avon aftershaves on Ebay with free shipping. I won the bid at $3.33. It cost her $11.40 to ship it! She would have been money ahead just throwing them away.

I just got the Avon pistol empty for 2.29 at a thrift store. I also found the golf man but his club was gone and he was empty so I passed.

I was at Good Will yesterday and hit the mother lode. I was only able to purchase the large razor. They had so many and more than half were full. If it was full they priced it at 4.29 if empty 2.29 I really wish I had more money left over. But I grabbed what I perceived to be the most allusive one.

Yes it does. It spins free and easy. But every time I would spin it, it would stop on a chore for me to perform. Never on golfing, a movie or fishing. Me thinks swmbo may have rigged it.

groan....

I am making a spreadsheet inventory of everything. When I am done, I will email it to all who are interested. If there is something unique you are looking for, let me know. Lord knows I will never ever run out of "the juice".

This is a little weird to go from user to "collector" in one fell swoop. They are spread out on every table we have. Spouse is actually having fun with this as well.
Finding a lot of duplicates; Firetrucks, army jeeps. Once I get the list finished, I will know what I have available.

Kind of fun sniffing all the scents I have never got to try before.

al in colorado

I'm interested in a copy of your spreadsheet too! I started one this evening for my bottles, and ran across your goldmine while looking for fragrances to fill out my sheet! I've got a nearby antique shop that will be looking through their "box at the house" for me when I decide what I want to add to my collection. I think your sheet might be helpful.

Thanks!

Top Bottom