What's new

Vintage Avon find

I've been following this thread for awhile now. It has brought back a lot of childhood memories for me. My mom and step mom both sold Avon . I guess my dad just loved free Wild Country. I found this Avon bottle I had never seen before it was empty have been using it to decant my WH.
$avon.jpg

I've been following this thread for awhile now. It has brought back a lot of childhood memories for me. My mom and step mom both sold Avon . I guess my dad just loved free Wild Country. I found this Avon bottle I had never seen before it was empty have been using it to decant my WH.
QUOTE]

Very nice bottle.

I took my first step into vintage Avon today. I picked up the longhorn steer bottle with Tai Winds in it. I hope I like it.

I took my first step into vintage Avon today. I picked up the longhorn steer bottle with Tai Winds in it. I hope I like it.

Tai Winds is great. In fact, its the only Avon scent I like well enough to actually use. One of my boys likes Wild Country and I always seem to have enough to keep him well stocked.

Here it is, my first step into vintage Avon AS. It's filled with Tai Winds. My wife doesn't care for the scent, and I'm not sure. My first reaction was not a good one, but I'm going to use it a couple of times and see if it grows on me.

$8478251017_dcc7978a92_c.jpg

Yep, I do! And it was made in my birthyear, so double bonus!
full

great find, I have been looking for the barber pole for a while now. I love this thread as I have started collecting avon a year ago. I have the wind jammer scooner coming soon I got it offf the bay for 1.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried for the first time one of my vintage AVON. It was a little touch and go for a while once the dry down hit the scent was very good and now its 1:26 and the scent is still there. I'm sold. hiting the thrift store today in search of more.

I have a Ford Mustang decanter on the way with Mesmerize in it. I look forward to trying the aftershave, but I was really after the decanter. :thumbup1:

I've used the Tai Winds for the last two mornings and surprised that the scent was so short lived. I expected to smell it well into the afternoon but after 2 hours, I never noticed it.

I just had a bottle of Wild Country in a helmet bottle delivered today. I'll post a picture later.

Avon Barber Pole PIF! I have an empty barber pole bottle and it free to anyone who sends me a PM first with their mailing address. I have recently acquired an Old Spice Telescope bottle (from the barber, heh heh) and I don't have enough space on my shelves for the barber pole. Who wants it?!!!

Avon Barber Pole PIF! I have an empty barber pole bottle and it free to anyone who sends me a PM first with their mailing address. I have recently acquired an Old Spice Telescope bottle (from the barber, heh heh) and I don't have enough space on my shelves for the barber pole. Who wants it?!!!

I'm interested, I send you a PM.

Well, since my sail-less Viking ship is only usable by three-handed people, I decided to go to Plan B. Picked up an empty Cable Car (also Wild Country) and transferred the ship contents. Now, a Cable Car full of Wild Country.

$CableCar.jpg

Top Bottom