What's new

Vintage Avon find

Wandered into an antique store today that I had never frequented. I found an old bottle of Old Spice that was unfortunately empty as well as identifying a perfume that I am absolutely sure my grandmother wore. When the owner noticed me poking around, she pointed me to a dusty corner of her shop with about fifteen, almost full bottles of Avon aftershave.

Several pipes, a guitar, a stagecoach, a whaling lamp (probably going back for that one), and a whole bunch of others including several cars. Any idea of what an average or reasonable price for these are?

Wandered into an antique store today that I had never frequented. I found an old bottle of Old Spice that was unfortunately empty as well as identifying a perfume that I am absolutely sure my grandmother wore. When the owner noticed me poking around, she pointed me to a dusty corner of her shop with about fifteen, almost full bottles of Avon aftershave.

Several pipes, a guitar, a stagecoach, a whaling lamp (probably going back for that one), and a whole bunch of others including several cars. Any idea of what an average or reasonable price for these are?

I usually like to keep the price under $5.

If its a scent I like (Tai Winds) I have paid up to $10. Usually at flea markets its much cheaper. Ive paid as little as $1 each.

i think the most i have paid was 9 or 10 bucks but thats just cuz i really liked the decanter. like stated by mark, i would try to keep it around 5 or less.

Thanks so much, went back today and tried to talk them down from their twenty dollar labels and they wouldn't budge. Oh well...

Speaking about "gold plated", I saw a Futura in a thrift store recently - and the silver was bubbled up and peeling off. I guess I always thought it was a more durable finish, but it doesn't appear to be. So a bit of a warning to Futura owners to treat those as if they are fragile.

-jim

My 93 year old great aunt gave me this the other day. It was my great uncle's, who passed about 15 years ago. It is almost full of Wild Country.

$unclegus.jpg

Probably never use it, but it looks good in my den.

Speaking about "gold plated", I saw a Futura in a thrift store recently - and the silver was bubbled up and peeling off. I guess I always thought it was a more durable finish, but it doesn't appear to be. So a bit of a warning to Futura owners to treat those as if they are fragile.

-jim
I've got a futura, it's in pretty good shape, but some of the silver is coming off.

I've passed on a lot of Avon lately but couldn't let this one go. Avon Country Christmas with a full bottle of Clint cologne, soap and talc dated 1982. I'm going to give this to my son because he was born in December of 1982. I'm guessing this originally had a second part to the case.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just did a partial walk-through of a new place and came up with one I'd never heard of - a Viking longship! Labeled as "Viking Discoverer" and full of Wild Country. Looks like one of those that require three hands to use.

$Longship.jpg

Also picked up a Liberty Bell of Tribute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom