What's new

Vintage Avon find

$20? I wouldn't have bought it either, unless it was something unusual. Most of the ones I have, have been around $5, full, and in boxes.

Last edited:
I might have to hand in my A Team membership card. I found a full car, Windjammer, with box on Saturday, but didn't buy it. It was over $20, and I was already spending too much on other stuff.

On the plus side, I did walk away with a cool pipe.

Keep your card! I would never spend that much either, it's much more rewarding finding them for three or four bucks.

Last edited:
$42699100404a67a891b939966c2b8ed5.jpg

I just picked this up last night, It's completely full. This tread brought back many great memories for me, my grandmother was a heavy weight Avon collector.

Toombad I'm not crazy about the scent of this one.

You know you've got it bad when you hit the 'Bay to track down some game that's been disturbingly elusive in the wild.

• NIB Gavel Decanter, 5oz Island Lime AS (smells really nice in the bottle, and I can hardly wait to use it)
  • NIB Perfect Drive, 4oz Protein Hair/Scalp Conditioner for Men (formerly Protein Hair Lotion for Men?)
full

• NOS Alpine Decanter, 8oz Original AS (used tonight, impressions in the GEMini thread)
  • NOS, serial-numbered 8-sided bottle, 3oz Granite AS (smells in the bottle like a mineraly aquatic)
full
full

full

SPECIAL: Although possibly misplaced here in the Aftershaves forum, this thread feels like home for this exciting score:
  • Avon Gentlemen's Regiment shaving mug and soap set, with badger-dyed hog brush
full
full
)

The brush was sealed in plastic, the soap wrapped in its open plastic wrapper. Some research had led me to expect Wild Country fragrance, but the puck smells like nothing but tallow. This kit will be used for my Saturday GEMini shave!

I picked up the brush awhile ago (nib) It didn't take long for the knot to fall out. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
@John_Roger - in the year-and-a-half since I posted that find, I've picked up two backup Gentlemen's Regiment soaps (in the mugs), one of which came with a NIB brush. The brush is certainly nothing special; I only used it once. But the soap is one of the all-time greats!

Brother Avon's, I am applying for membership in this fine organization.
I have been a user of the "A" juice for a number of years, but never considered myself a collector. I would just pick up a bottle or two at estate sales/antique shops. mostly because I liked the scent of Wild Country and Deep Woods.

But an ad in Craigslist today, pushed me over the edge. 200+ full bottles for the princely sum of 100 bucks. A quick call, and a 45 minute drive and now I have 5 large boxes.
Pictures will be forthcoming as I unpack them

Wow...what a score.

al in Colorado

Dear accunlmtd: You and your enormous pile of awesomeness are welcome to the Avon asylum (it's kind of like the Hotel California).
I'm totally drooling. And I see one piece there that is going to drive KJ crazy. :thumbup1:

My biggest problem now..... What the heck do I do with them.......
the kitchen table and two coffe tables are totally coved in liquid man-scent. So I have to find someplace to store them.

Al

Dear accunlmtd: You and your enormous pile of awesomeness are welcome to the Avon asylum (it's kind of like the Hotel California).
I'm totally drooling. And I see one piece there that is going to drive KJ crazy. :thumbup1:
Hmmm... I'm curious which piece you are talking about as well.

Im just in awe of the whole collection. Nice score!

Hmmm... I'm curious which piece you are talking about as well.

Well, for some reason I was thinking you were hot for the Army Jeep, but maybe you've already got it!
Me? I'm geeking on the Elephant, and the Dolphin, and the Snowmobile, and the Shotgun Shells. Oh, and the VW-R. :a44:

Top Bottom