What's new

Vintage Avon find

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Nabbed a NOS box set off the 'Bay. Tai Winds AS & bath soap. I was surprised to find that the soap has quite a bit of scent after all these years. My first Tai Winds, I like it!

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 4.42.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 4.46.26 PM.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Decanted some Blend 7 from a hinky old car into a non-tacky corked bottle. Worked really well with PAA Diver Down.

AA
Blend 7 is my favorite.

You are NOT helping my financial discussions with my lovely War Department my friend!

And to @Jayboz : Blend 7 does have a cologne version, but not easy to find. The one that is next in line for me as far as "Avon Love List" goes would be Tai Winds, which has a cologne version that is easier to come by. Depending on the day either one of those is my favorite actually. I do not think Island Lime has a cologne version.

One old Avon scent I'd like to find in the wild is the "Cool Sage" which I've only seen in aftershave formula. I saw on the 'bay the other day a vintage Avon aftershave that I never knew existed: "Lavender"! Anyone tried it? I'm a sucker for lavender.

I, too, have only seen Clary Sage on ebay (like in an old fashioned gas pump). Never seen it in the wild. And an Avon Lavender would be wonderful to try.

Island Lime cologne? Oh yeah, that would be bought sight unseen!

I have Tribute (not the cool spartan head though) and Leather in cologne so those exist in addition to AS. The Tribute is great-lasts 8 hours +. Might look for Deep Woods in cologne, and maybe Ill run into some Blend 7 or Bay Rum. I like lime, but dont care for the Island Lime AS.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It was said that Wild Country was Avon's version of Pinaud Clubman. I disagreed, because I had an amber-colored (liquid) (clear glass) bottle of new stock, and it had its own notes, distinctive and NOT Clubman.

🤔 I have since vacuumed up numerous bottles of vintage Wild Country. But I tend to use one bottle until finished.

Decanted some ugly car-full of vintage WC this week into a larger container, so it could air a bit. Didn't realize at the time it was golden yellow, not amber....

Splashed it on after one shave. 🧐Decided WC had lost some strength.

Splashed it on again today, and breathed deep. It's Clubman!

So. 🤔 Vintage WC may indeed be "Avon's Clubman." The new stuff is good too, but decidedly different. If in colored glass, decant and see what you got... There are two kinds.

AA

When I first dove into wet shaving (pun intended!) I tried all the Clubmans. Musk and SR were the only ones I liked.
Then I started trying whatever Avon's I could find. Of course WC was in there. At first I didn't really like it but it has grown on me. Is now one of my fav Avon's. The vintage WC, not the new stuff.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Mostly NOS finds....
proxy.php

Very nice haul!

Anytime you can find the very hard to find Island Lime, you have scored big time. I picked up a good haul last year from a thrift store with many NOS boxes of vintage Avon. 4 bottles of Island Lime came with the haul. I like it ok, but I was surprised to find, it didn't overly impress me as the wonderful lime AS I had read so much about.

I also picked up some Blend 7 and Excalibur, two Avon's I hadn't yet tried. Love the Excalibur, Blend 7 is also, just ok. The others I got were just to add to the collection of ones I already have, Tribute, Deep Woods, more Tai Winds, (always got to have Tai Winds in my inventory,) Everest and a few others.

Did you pick up that vintage Pinaud glass bottle with the Avon? Good find! I have one just like it. Getting harder to find Pinaud glass with the plastic lid. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Mostly NOS finds....
proxy.php
Treasure right there! 🤣

My pot bellie stove has Bravo, one of their funky best. Tabac meets banana! And Avon Lime, never leave behind. I'm pitching the boxes and old car bottles, but love the aftershave.

You got a few Bracing Lotions. Mine broke 😣 but it was fairly generic. Tribute there is wonderful... Excalibur is the faintest of all.

AA

OkieStubble

Treasure right there! 🤣

My pot bellie stove has Bravo, one of their funky best. Tabac meets banana! And Avon Lime, never leave behind. I'm pitching the boxes and old car bottles, but love the aftershave.

You got a few Bracing Lotions. Mine broke 😣 but it was fairly generic. Tribute there is wonderful... Excalibur is the faintest of all.

AA

Lol. I always feel guilty to toss those vintage Avon bottles for some reason! I always decant the juice, then donate the bottles to Goodwill. I don't know if they try to sell them or throw them away themselves. :)

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Lol. I always feel guilty to toss those vintage Avon bottles for some reason! I always decant the juice, then donate the bottles to Goodwill. I don't know if they try to sell them or throw them away themselves. :)
It is amazing how many common empty Avon novelty bottles you see for sale on the bay. Some empty aftershave and edt bottles, both Avon and others, do seem to sell, but I cannot imagine who buys them or why.

Very nice haul!

Anytime you can find the very hard to find Island Lime, you have scored big time. I picked up a good haul last year from a thrift store with many NOS boxes of vintage Avon. 4 bottles of Island Lime came with the haul. I like it ok, but I was surprised to find, it didn't overly impress me as the wonderful lime AS I had read so much about.

I also picked up some Blend 7 and Excalibur, two Avon's I hadn't yet tried. Love the Excalibur, Blend 7 is also, just ok. The others I got were just to add to the collection of ones I already have, Tribute, Deep Woods, more Tai Winds, (always got to have Tai Winds in my inventory,) Everest and a few others.

Did you pick up that vintage Pinaud glass bottle with the Avon? Good find! I have one just like it. Getting harder to find Pinaud glass with the plastic lid. :)

I found all of the AVON stuff at a single estate sale, the house was full of product (several rooms full). I actually scanned through most of everything there.....looking solely for ISLAND LIME and that was all that I could find (the 2 boxes on the left hand side are full, the clear vintage bottle is empty, the green triangular bottle is half full and the small sample bottle is about 3/4 full). I am going to transfer the STRAIGHT EIGHT product into the clear vintage bottle and use that.....and will look to sell the rest.

I swear, there were thousands upon thousands of boxes and bottles. When I was done looking - I was told there was more (6 boxes in the garage that hadn't been opened yet). I opened a couple of those boxes and it looked to be mostly ladies perfume items, so I stopped looking at that point.

The vintage PINAUD glass bottle was also from an estate sale, but a different one. I had it together with the AVON stuff, and decided to throw it in the picture too! Undecided on what I want to do with it at this point.....I think it had Lilac Vegetal in it.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

The vintage PINAUD glass bottle was also from an estate sale, but a different one. I had it together with the AVON stuff, and decided to throw it in the picture too! Undecided on what I want to do with it at this point.....I think it had Lilac Vegetal in it.

I have the exact Pinaud glass bottle. I cleaned mine out and decanted Clubman into mine.

Top Bottom