What's new

Vintage Avon find

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have just received this, Avon 4A's - it has a mild, slight menthol aroma. Does anyone know the age of this as I cannot find any references to it anywhere? I get the feeling it is 1960s or 1970s. This is a new Avon for me 👍

View attachment 1193873

View attachment 1193874

Haven't seen this Avon scent before. Looks cool with the "4 angels" logo against the blue liquid. Picked up a lot of something around 35 bottles on Craigslist some years back, plus the few garage sale finds here and there, but there are many Avon scents I have yet to encounter. They do have a nice variety of choices and can be found for dirt cheap prices for those with a little patience.

Nice gifts from my MIL. Not like I need more Wild Country, but these are both really nice and appear to have never been opened.

Christmas2020.jpg

Been a while but I picked this up yesterday for a few bucks. Got tons of Oland but all in the amber novelty decanters.

IMG_20210121_154925.jpg

Also got a pipe of Deep Woods COLOGNE. That's a score. Never seen it herevin Oz before. My second cologne version. And a Blunderbuss of Everest, another of Tai winds and Brumby pipe of Everest. Good scores.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Been a while but I picked this up yesterday for a few bucks. Got tons of Oland but all in the amber novelty decanters.

View attachment 1211490

Also got a pipe of Deep Woods COLOGNE. That's a score. Never seen it herevin Oz before. My second cologne version. And a Blunderbuss of Everest, another of Tai winds and Brumby pipe of Everest. Good scores.
Nice find! There are so many wonderful Avon scents that I nornally limit myself to only buying the early scents in cologne format in non novelty bottles. I only buy novelty bottles to decant the contents. So far I have Wild Country, Wild Spice, Windjammer, Spicy and a rare early 'Cologne for Men'. My only aftershaves are Hud and an unusual Avon 4A's. I would love to find Leather, Deep Woods, Clint, and Bay Rum but they are scarce here in the UK.

Top Bottom