What's new

Vintage Avon find

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Found a Ten Point Buck of Avon Leather on Ebay and it showed up yesterday. I am really liking this scent. I'm not crazy about pouring out of the bottle though. It is just an awkward shape to hold on to. I'll probably look for a different bottle to put it in for easier use then keep my eyes open for more.

View attachment 1171633

I did worse. Like an idiot, I bought the Avon Elk (Moose?). It's as big as a binocular case.

20x80 binocular case ... maybe 12"x10"x5".

Yes, it holds about a half-gallon, but still.

Wife sees that enormous Moose sitting on the bathroom vanity ... and I'll be moving to Alaska ...

AA

I would have to say that Wild country is probably my least favorite. Initially is seems like it may be a little too powdery for my liking.
Then you probably wouldn't like Pinaud Clubman. Wild Country is Avon's version of Clubman, and I find Clubman to be much more powdery.
Final cost was about 93 cents a bottle.
That's why I love Avon so much... you can get it super cheap! (and it smells great too)
Blend 7 I have never seen in the UK, it has aniseed top notes so I wonder if it is anything like Brut which I love.
Brut is one of my favorites as well, and I personally don't think any Avon scent smells like it.
lay them all out on a big cloth chess board we have
Avon also made a large plastic chess board for the set. It wasn't available for sale to the public, so it's harder to find, but they are out there.
I'm not crazy about pouring out of the bottle though. It is just an awkward shape to hold on to.
That's the big problem with Avon. They look nice, but more are cumbersome to use. I decant all of my Avon scents into Avon Apothecary bottles. Those are about as perfect a bottle as there is for aftershaves.
Just got this bottle of Avon Original in the mail today and it’s 95% full.
Nice score Angelo!
inda close to Clubman Pinaud but it’s different. Not as powdery and more masculine.
Makes sense, I believe the Original became Wild Country. Not sure if it was tweaked a bit in doing so, or not.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Found some more vintage Avon today - all full!
A car bottle of Island Lime, a penny bottle of Bravo, and a Tiki bottle of Tai Winds. (Plus an aerosol bottle of old Brut). I never turn away from Island Lime or Bravo, and I've been wanting a Tiki bottle. Plus old Brut? Yeah!
Dude! You had a GREAT day!

Yeah, I'm happy! This brings me up to 2 full car bottles of Island Lime, an 8 ounce apothecary bottle plus a half full Bamboo Lime bottle like my avatar. (So like 23 ounces total). And my Bravo stash is around 18 ounces.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Found some more vintage Avon today - all full!
A car bottle of Island Lime, a penny bottle of Bravo, and a Tiki bottle of Tai Winds. (Plus an aerosol bottle of old Brut). I never turn away from Island Lime or Bravo, and I've been wanting a Tiki bottle. Plus old Brut? Yeah!
Scores indeed!

Somebody wrote that the Tiki bottle looks like something you'd see in the background in Spock's quarters!

Bravo, I use at least once a week. Lime is just the best.

AA

Any Wild Country fans looking to restock?
Screenshot_20201204-152327.pngScreenshot_20201204-152346.png

I know there are fans of Avon products here so I thought I'd share. Found this full bottle of Spicy for, as you can see, the princely sum of $1.50 at a Goodwill store. If you look closely you can see the layer of dust still visible. The screw off lid was so tight I wasn't sure it would even come off without breaking it.

The piece of tape has some writing on it that I can't make out, possibly from a yard sale many years ago.

Smells great! Very similar to Old Spice, maybe just a tad less strong.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Wow! I think I saw a glass bottle like that 30 or 40 years ago in my grandparents' house. I liked it because it was shaped like a ship. I never knew what was in it, though. Actually, come to think of it, the bottle may have been empty. I'm thankful for the OP for his post. I now know what was originally in the bottle! 🙂

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have just received this, Avon 4A's - it has a mild, slight menthol aroma. Does anyone know the age of this as I cannot find any references to it anywhere? I get the feeling it is 1960s or 1970s. This is a new Avon for me 👍

20201211_204905.jpg

20201211_204647.jpg

Top Bottom