What's new

Vintage Avon find

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have that one (it wasn't full, sadly, about 1/4th.. ) but I poured what I did have into an empty Oland bottle.. much easier to use that way, and I display the empty car with some others that I've decanted into other bottles

View attachment 1076619
I love that bottle and have only seen one like it but it was empty and the seller wanted £20. Do all the Avon scents have their own 'normal' bottles with their names on? Those are what I look for the most.

I love that bottle and have only seen one like it but it was empty and the seller wanted £20. Do all the Avon scents have their own 'normal' bottles with their names on? Those are what I look for the most.

Yes, I believe they all had basic non-novelty bottles, but I would assume those were the ones that were used more often than the novelty glass, so that's why those are harder to find.

EclipseRedRing

I was thrilled to receive this today, a 120ml Oland aftershave in a truly fantastic bottle. I also have the cologne version of this in a motor car decanter and when I have used this aftershave I will decant the cologne into this wonderful bottle. I notice my bottle top is a different colour to the example posted above by masonjarjar. Great scent this!

20200403_113219.jpg

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I was thrilled to receive this today, a 120ml Oland aftershave in a truly fantastic bottle. I also have the cologne version of this in a motor car decanter and when I have used this aftershave I will decant the cologne into this wonderful bottle. I notice my bottle top is a different colour to the example posted above by masonjarjar. Great scent this!

View attachment 1082002
Nice!

Yeah, I've got the same, but with the fake wood top.

Just a super scent. Look for the oakmoss/ash note!

AA

Crossed posted in the What are you unpacking thread ...

These arrived today:
IMG_20200410_152322.jpg

Model T (full) and Packard (empty) - Oland.
Alarm Clock (full) and George Washington (empty) - Tai Winds.
Thomas Jefferson (full), glass bottle (mostly full) and Turkey (empty) - Wild Country

Loving hunting these things down - feels just like when I started getting razors :letterk1:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Crossed posted in the What are you unpacking thread ...

These arrived today:
View attachment 1085250

Model T (full) and Packard (empty) - Oland.
Alarm Clock (full) and George Washington (empty) - Tai Winds.
Thomas Jefferson (full), glass bottle (mostly full) and Turkey (empty) - Wild Country

Loving hunting these things down - feels just like when I started getting razors :letterk1:
It can be quite addictive. Some nice Avon there. Congratulations.

Cross posted on the unpacking thread ..

I went to an estate sale (it was outside but still had masks and gloves) and seems someone was into Avon cars!

Front row filled, back two empty. Scents were Wild Country, Spicy, Deep Woods, Tai Winds, Oland, Seazone and Light Musk (in the VW Rabbit).

32 in total

IMG_20200418_104654.jpg

IMG_20200418_104739.jpg

IMG_20200418_104819.jpg
IMG_20200418_104847.jpg
IMG_20200418_105428.jpg

IMG_20200418_105436.jpg

IMG_20200418_105506.jpg

IMG_20200418_105516.jpg

Cross posted on the unpacking thread ..

I went to an estate sale (it was outside but still had masks and gloves) and seems someone was into Avon cars!

Front row filled, back two empty. Scents were Wild Country, Spicy, Deep Woods, Tai Winds, Oland, Seazone and Light Musk (in the VW Rabbit).

32 in total

View attachment 1088554
View attachment 1088555
View attachment 1088556View attachment 1088557View attachment 1088558

View attachment 1088559
View attachment 1088560
View attachment 1088561
What is light musk like?

Light Musk to me, smells almost like Jovan musk - but not as strong. Reminds me of what I had in high school.

I had been looking at this thread for about 2 weeks since I got my first bottles and kept wondering how people are finding all of these Avon bottles because I only see them on the auction sites. Well today I found out ... :001_tongu

I plan to fill some of the empties up with other stuff like the Veg (yes, it chose me) and Special Reserve.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Light Musk to me, smells almost like Jovan musk - but not as strong. Reminds me of what I had in high school.

I had been looking at this thread for about 2 weeks since I got my first bottles and kept wondering how people are finding all of these Avon bottles because I only see them on the auction sites. Well today I found out ... :001_tongu

I plan to fill some of the empties up with other stuff like the Veg (yes, it chose me) and Special Reserve.

Inspired by this, I dug out my VW-Rabbitt/Jetta-full of Light Musk for the SOTD.

Close shave; slapped on two handfuls of the Light Musk ... it began to burn ... :bayrum2:

Oh, no! Not again! :letterk1:

I slapped COLOGNE on my face, not aftershave! 🤦

Now I smell like somebody else's Junior High, and my face is on fire ...

Luckily hyaluronic acid was right there. Threw IT on after the cologne-dousing ... thusly making a moisturizing but too smelly balm. Eau de teenage locker room.

Did that once with Avon Wild Country cologne. Could have swore it was aftershave ... but rather kinda stronger.

I should read the bottles.

AA

EclipseRedRing

I have recently acquired this lovely 50ml boxed bottle, this is the vendor's image. Can anyone tell me anything about this as I can find no information? Thanks.

AWS.jpg

Top Bottom