What's new

Vintage Avon find

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great grab! Looks like alot of Oland in that bundle.

I really like that Oland bottle with the wooden cap, Mason. That - and the Tai Winds Tiki bottle - are the only two vintage Avon decanters I'm still looking for.

Good eye! I have both, but "cheated" and got them on the bay.

full

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah, that's the one, AA. If I get one I think I'm gonna become a heretic and paint the bottle to make the design stand out more. lol
It came with a rubber band, I think; gave contrast. Someone said it looks Vulcan!

I have the Oland cologne "wood top" bottle too, but from the bay.

AA

My Oland stash is currently in a Pirates decanter and 8 oz Apothecary bottle. Was going to try and lay the Pirate bottle on it's side but was afraid of leakage. Plus it takes up less space standing on end.
Will be hitting some big antique stores this weekend, see what I can find.

Came across a brown apothecary decanter today at a used clothing store for $2.27 with my senior discount. Came right home and did some splash swapping. It originally contained Spicy - and I had some that needed the right bottle, so in it went. And it still had the metering plug in it!

The blue ones seem most common (Got 6 of those). Got one yellow and two browns. Since they hold 8 fluid ounces, I know that any other decanter I pick up the contents will fit in one of those.

I picked up 8 more boxes bottles today they were in the high side but I got some more windjammer a bottle of leather( in a pheasant decanter)and a bottle of blend 7

one of the boxes was a Washington bust decanter one was a liberty bell decanter

I also nicked up a unboxed Dutch pipe decanter with tia winds full. Sorry I didn’t take pictures this time I forgot to I’ll have to take a pick of my setup for after shaves and colognes day post it

I left 5 or 6 full bottles the antique store owner was the one selling them but they were all on the higher side $8-$15 per bottle but he gave me 20% off whenI asked if he would give me a deal for buying so many. Then when I went to check out he upped it to a 25% discount since I was nice about it

still better that what I would pay ordering them off the bay they would run more per bottle by they timeyou include the shipping

still need bay rum and Excalibur
wouldn't mind another bottle or 2 of bravo, leather and island lime

Last edited:
Sounds like a great score!

Though I love the $1 a bottle finds if I'm being realistic paying $8-10 for a full bottle of genuine juice - that I can test before buying - isn't bad. I pays my money, and walk out with the product. No added shipping or possible breakage or bad juice.
I use alot of aftershave, and I get around 7 uses per ounce. So, a 6-7 ounce decanter - spread amongst the many flavors I have to choose from - will last about a year. With virtually all the scents I like I've managed to find at least one back-up bottle. So, I've got plenty of time.

I picked up 8 more boxes bottles today they were in the high side but I got some more windjammer a bottle of leather( in a pheasant decanter)and a bottle of blend 7

one of the boxes was a Washington bust decanter one was a liberty bell decanter

I also nicked up a unboxed Dutch pipe decanter with tia winds full. Sorry I didn’t take pictures this time I forgot to I’ll have to take a pick of my setup for after shaves and colognes day post it

I left 5 or 6 full bottles the antique store owner was the one selling them but they were all on the higher side $8-$15 per bottle but he gave me 20% off whenI asked if he would give me a deal for buying so many. Then when I went to check out he upped it to a 25% discount since I was nice about it

still better that what I would pay ordering them off the bay they would run more per bottle by they timeyou include the shipping

still need bay rum and Excalibur
wouldn't mind another bottle or 2 of bravo, leather and island lime
Looks like you hit the motherlode. Congrats, and I envy you. There is slim to no pickings for vintage Avon where I live (central Nebraska). I hit garage sales, places like Goodwill, the numerous antique stores, with little to no luck. So I use Ebay, and have found two bottles to add to my collection of fourteen. I am trying to load up on Everest aftershave. Everest was a fave of my father, and I think of him every time I splash it on. Looks like you are trying to stock up where you can-I would also. Best wishes in your quest for vintage Avon. It is a neat and great smelling hobby.

D3E46BB6-41CD-4506-9225-F2DFFCFEA995.jpeg
Here is my collection the clock cabinet is my colognes the 4 shelves are after shaves the top 2 shelves are all Avon and 3/4 of the 3rd shelf is avon. Now that I look at the picture I think I may be an addict... Buy hey it’s all good there still room on the shelf and in the cabinet for more 😁

View attachment 1027139Here is my collection the clock cabinet is my colognes the 4 shelves are after shaves the top 2 shelves are all Avon and 3/4 of the 3rd shelf is avon. Now that I look at the picture I think I may be an addict... Buy hey it’s all good there still room on the shelf and in the cabinet for more 😁
holy katz! that is a serious scent stockpile!

View attachment 1027139Here is my collection the clock cabinet is my colognes the 4 shelves are after shaves the top 2 shelves are all Avon and 3/4 of the 3rd shelf is avon. Now that I look at the picture I think I may be an addict... Buy hey it’s all good there still room on the shelf and in the cabinet for more [emoji16]

It’s a good start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found 2 full wild Countrys, Moose and "Uncle Sam" pipe. Got both for $1.50 at a rummage sale. This sale happens every year and they always have a lot of Avon products, this year people lined up and took away most early. The woman I talked to there said they had a bunch still boxed, but someone bought all of them, probally to sell on Ebay she said.

View attachment 1027139Here is my collection the clock cabinet is my colognes the 4 shelves are after shaves the top 2 shelves are all Avon and 3/4 of the 3rd shelf is avon. Now that I look at the picture I think I may be an addict... Buy hey it’s all good there still room on the shelf and in the cabinet for more [emoji16]

I’m saving these pics . Nothing like being able to tell the wife when she complains that I have too many aftershaves “hey look I’m an amateur collector in comparison to this guy”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I snagged another book bottle over the weekend. Deep, dark brown glass - might be perfect for Clubman Special Reserve!

And some shots of my current stash of Avon bottles and juices.
IMG_7167_1.JPG

IMG_7165_1.JPG

IMG_7166_1.JPG

Top Bottom