What's new

Vintage Avon find

Stopped by a thrift store tonight and found a pretty good selection of Avon. Mostly full bottles, no boxes, for $1-$2 each. It was closing time when I got there, but I plan on going back tomorrow to stock up on some of my favorite scents, and a few I don't have.

Well, I only picked up six bottles, as a lot of them were Wild Country, and it doesn't do much for me.

L-R: Motorcycle with Island Lime AS, "Straight 8" with Island Lime AS, Red Car with Blend 7 AS, Steel cologne, "Country Vendor" with Spicy AS, and "Big Mack" with Oland AS.

$IMG_0099.jpg

First time with all but the Oland.

Great pick ups! You're going to enjoy them.

Thanks. Almost all of them were vehicles, and there were a few President busts. I might go back some time and pick up the Deep Woods, Excalibur, and Leather AS decanters, to add to my supply.

They also had 2 or 3 of the Bracing Splash. Got any experience with that?

First Avon score in a while for me. But it's an awesome one!

Wild Country Musk
Bay Rum - Anniversary Keepsake bottle
Spicy (Awesome old bottle)

Sea Zone (My sentimental favorite):
Valentine Gift set with Cologne and AS Balm
And another bottle of Cologne
proxy.php

just curious, do you use your vintage aftershaves or do you just store them? Im guessing you use them, but what happens when the world runs out!?

just curious, do you use your vintage aftershaves or do you just store them? Im guessing you use them, but what happens when the world runs out!?

I use some Tai Winds now and then but not often and that is the only one ive found that I care much for. As for the world running out I don't know if it will. Avon sold a ton and a lot of collectors left them full to hold their, perceived future, value and I think a lot of people bought them just for the decanter.

I have found several scents that I like, and I use mine all the time. Like Deano wrote, there are a ton out there. I just found a bunch of full bottles the other day at a local thrift store. I've also seen ads on Craigslist where people have a lot of them to sell.

Yep, I use them all, and I love them all. No worries about running out. I've built up enough stock to last a lifetime!

Top Bottom