What's new

Vintage Avon find

Here are a few of the more interesting sets.
A wild country set in a heave Dopp kit
The set of dueling pistols
A desk set of Wild country AS and Cologne
$IMG_0209.jpg$IMG_0210.jpg$IMG_0211.jpg$IMG_0212.jpg

groan.... Just received a call from the guy I bought all of these from. He found two more large boxes. Mine if I want them, no charge. He says at least another 100 bottles.
So I guess I will run up there this week and get them.

I am making a spreadsheet inventory of everything. When I am done, I will email it to all who are interested. If there is something unique you are looking for, let me know. Lord knows I will never ever run out of "the juice".

This is a little weird to go from user to "collector" in one fell swoop. They are spread out on every table we have. Spouse is actually having fun with this as well.
Finding a lot of duplicates; Firetrucks, army jeeps. Once I get the list finished, I will know what I have available.

Kind of fun sniffing all the scents I have never got to try before.

al in colorado

Avon really lost a lot of people when they stopped making the special decanters - had a loyal customer base that look forward to all the special bottles - another great marketing move...

Avon really lost a lot of people when they stopped making the special decanters - had a loyal customer base that look forward to all the special bottles - another great marketing move...

I'm just glad that so many people were apparently only collecting Avon for the decanters, so I can enjoy all the FIB decanters now.

Wow. that is a lot of juice!!Accunlmtd put me on the list for the spread sheet when you get it done.I only have a couple of dozen decanters.

I wiped out a local flea market's stock of Avon men's fragrances for $5.00 last weekend. Included but not pictured are 3.5 oz American Classic cologne, 3 oz granite AS, 2.8 oz Musk for men cologne. All from the early 80s full and in original boxes.

$IMG_0758.jpg

$IMG_0759.jpg

$IMG_0760.jpg

The lady who sold them to me said "If you like that I have several pallet loads back in my garage." I guess I'll set up a water cooler in my bathroom and decant 5 gallons of Wild Country into the jug.

Haven't been on the hunt in a while. Recently found some great ones. Saw some others, but they were either empty or too expensive.

Back Row:
Hunters Stein (1972) - Full Wild Country ($2) Nickel plated glass stein w/plastic AS bottle.
It's A Blast ('70'-71) - Full Oland AS ($3) Missing Topper and all the gold is flaking off.

Middle Row:
Blacksmith's Anvil ('72-'73) - Full Leather AS ($2)
Super Cycle II ('74-'75) - Full Wild Country AS ($3)
The Angler (1970) - Empty ($2) Too cool to pass up, even if the top (Reel handle) is broken.

Front Row:
Courting Rose (1974) - ¼ full Sonnet Cologne ($4) I don't understand why this bottle came in anything besides Roses, Roses Cologne (Came in Moonwind, Sonnet, Imperial Garden(I'll that that one pass) or Roses, Roses). I'll probably refill it with Roses, Roses.

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Is the hammer glued on the Anvil? How do you open it?

No sir, the hammer is the topper. Pretty standard setup the hammer can be turned to unscrew the cap, or the hammer can be pulled off to expose the cap. Most Avon bottles have caps like that.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Leather...one of my favorites. Great find.

To all that are interested, I am still cataloging the huge find I scored. Big push at work, so I have little time for the "fun" stuff right now.

al in colorado

I picked up a Paddle Boat filled with Wild Country. They also had an empty grandfather clock w/ thermometer, but I didn't get that one. I'm sure it will be there if I go back.

groan.... Just received a call from the guy I bought all of these from. He found two more large boxes. Mine if I want them, no charge. He says at least another 100 bottles.
So I guess I will run up there this week and get them.

I am making a spreadsheet inventory of everything. When I am done, I will email it to all who are interested. If there is something unique you are looking for, let me know. Lord knows I will never ever run out of "the juice".

This is a little weird to go from user to "collector" in one fell swoop. They are spread out on every table we have. Spouse is actually having fun with this as well.
Finding a lot of duplicates; Firetrucks, army jeeps. Once I get the list finished, I will know what I have available.

Kind of fun sniffing all the scents I have never got to try before.

al in colorado

that is freakin awesom. i would love to see what your house looks like. another 100 bottles...... im jealous.

Top Bottom