What's new

Vintage Avon find

I found the rhino decanter full of thai winds yesterday and took it home for $2.50. I'll put up a picture of it later. Did not have the box.

Well I just found this thread a couple days ago and spent the afternoon checking out all the awesome vintage Avon you guys have been scoring. Very cool! I started checking out the Goodwills on the way home this week. I'm looking for a good shaped bowl for lathering anyway. Found my 1st one today. Not really that cool, and I didn't even bother to take a wiff before buying it, but what was I going to do. Pass on a 1st find? lol

It's a 1970-71 4oz full of Windjammer for $2.

proxy.php

proxy.php

What's the name of that all silver futuristic looking decanter (I think "future" is in the title)? I know I saw it in here but don't want to go back through all 31 pages again. I wanted to keep my eye out for that one, maybe some online shopping as well. Love the look of it.

I just spoke to a gentleman that said he has "Thousands" of them. Some full, some not. Uh-oh, here we go lol. Going to go check out his stash this afternoon.

wow im looking forward to seeing this. even if u dont buy any take a picture of the "thousands" that he has. it would be a cool pic to look at.

wow im looking forward to seeing this. even if u dont buy any take a picture of the "thousands" that he has. it would be a cool pic to look at.

Well, after an hour round trip he was a no show at his place of retail. Before venturing out again I'm sending him an email asking about some specific decanters I'm looking for and specific scents. If has has any of them I'll head out there again and get some pics. My guess is he has a box or two lol.

Some folks may be wondering "where do I find these decantors"? Well, as for me, I see them all of the time at flea markets, vintage malls and estate sales. I know other folks find them at thrift stores, but I've been less successful at those places.

Estate sale:

$2011-07-10_14-29-37_255.jpg

Vintage mall (these were all $3 except the Futura which was $6 - which I bought):

$2011-04-10_14-54-32_700.jpg

Honestly, they are out there if you just spend time looking and digging.

-jim

I had already bought it - I went back a week or so later to take the pic. I always think about taking a pics later or after the fact.

I only have 3 Avon decanters - a SF Cable Car, the America Schooner and the Futura. I can't imagine where you keep all of the ones you have. :biggrin1:

wait, check that. Also a carpenters level and a shaving brush.

-jim

Top Bottom