What's new

Vintage Avon find

Love that bottle you have. The tiki is common here but always empty.

Tossing up this bottle purchase but not sure of its size.

Screenshot_2020-06-15-09-32-39-1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-15-09-32-45-1.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-15-09-32-45-1.png
    495 KB · Views: 22
Picked up a First Edition without a label off the bay that was advertised as Bay Rum. It was not, but rather Leather. They're nice and willing to refund me. They just looked up this bottle, saw one with Bay Rum and assumed. I'm down to 1/2 bottle of Avon Bay Rum and was really wanting more.

I made a mistake (Bob Ross would call it a happy accident)!
One of the decanters of Oland that I got the other day is Oland Cologne! Oh boy is that stuff powerful! Put it in a separate bottle so as not to accidentally mix it down the road with the splash. Happy accident indeed!

Yea, I have a small amount as well. It's stronger and has a slightly different character (to my nose) than the aftershave. It's a little more "sweet" and not as leathery as the aftershave.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Picked up a First Edition without a label off the bay that was advertised as Bay Rum. It was not, but rather Leather. They're nice and willing to refund me. They just looked up this bottle, saw one with Bay Rum and assumed. I'm down to 1/2 bottle of Avon Bay Rum and was really wanting more.

Then this is the one you want!

full

But not this one. They are not the same!

full

AA

I went on an Avon binge on eBay and have a lifetime supply of bay rum and island lime . I also have a few bottles each of most of the other scents . I like oland and deep woods also. I don’t think I’m missing too many .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I honestly don't think you will be able to find a modern day equivalent to the Avon Bay Rum....or Island, for that matter!

Good job!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I had not realised how many different types of bottles that AVON had put out. I knew that there was a quite a few but I am seeing a lot that I have never seen before.

Top Bottom