What's new

Vintage Avon find

Nice collection makes me feel better about mine!

Thanks!
Things will be whittled down form here. While trying to grab one of each Avon that required alot of bottles. Now that I've decided which ones work and which ones don't, once I use up some they won't be replaced. I figure about 20-25% of the scents pictured will not be returning. That should make the collection more manageable.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks!
Things will be whittled down form here. While trying to grab one of each Avon that required alot of bottles. Now that I've decided which ones work and which ones don't, once I use up some they won't be replaced. I figure about 20-25% of the scents pictured will not be returning. That should make the collection more manageable.
Same here. I really haven't met a vintage Avon scent I hate, but I'll only be buying Bay Rum, Spicy, Blend 7, Leather, and Tai Winds from now on. Nothing else comes close to those 5.

If I had to have only 5 Avons they'd be Oland, Wild Country, Spicy, Bravo, and Leather. Island Lime is great but a little short on duration, so, it missed the top 5.

Thankfully I'm not limited to only five! lol

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If I had to have only 5 Avons they'd be Oland, Wild Country, Spicy, Bravo, and Leather. Island Lime is great but a little short on duration, so, it missed the top 5.

Thankfully I'm not limited to only five! lol

No Deep Woods? That stuff makes every day better!

AA

Thanks!

I’m like you I went on a buying spree to collect a bottle of each scent . I’m still missing windjammer and maybe a couple others .

My fav are
Bay rum
Oland
Spicy
Deep woods
And island lime (esp when mixed with bay rum )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to add .

My blend of 1 part Avon bay rum and 1 part Avon island lime has been mixing happily in its bottle for a few weeks now and it smells better each week.

I think I might try a mix of
1 part Avon spicy
1 part Avon island lime
To make Avon Spiced Lime

I wonder how it will compare to my bottle of vintage old spice lime .

FarmerTan

Wanted to add .

My blend of 1 part Avon bay rum and 1 part Avon island lime has been mixing happily in its bottle for a few weeks now and it smells better each week.

1 part Avon spicy
1 part Avon island lime
To make Avon Spiced Lime

I need to try this! Thanks for the idea...

FarmerTan

Wanted to add .

1 part Avon spicy
1 part Avon island lime
To make Avon Spiced Lime

I will say that my mix of about? twenty drops of Bergamot essential oil into a bottle of Dollar store Old Spice clone is great. The War Department even likes it, if you can believe it!

Not sure I could do a top 5...

Windjammer
Spicy
Oland
Leather
Mesmerize

But wouldn't want to be without
Everest
Deep Woods
Tribute
Black Suede

Tai Winds - I appreciate it, but don't find myself using it often.

Wild Country - As I am with Clubman, I like it, but after a few hours, I get a little
tired of it. I find this one to be one of the strongest scents, even in aftershave form,
it's practically cologne.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Not sure I could do a top 5...

Windjammer
Spicy
Oland
Leather
Mesmerize

But wouldn't want to be without
Everest
Deep Woods
Tribute
Black Suede

Tai Winds - I appreciate it, but don't find myself using it often.

Wild Country - As I am with Clubman, I like it, but after a few hours, I get a little
tired of it. I find this one to be one of the strongest scents, even in aftershave form,
it's practically cologne.

This, but also with Blend 7, Excalibur and Clint added!

AA

It pays to have a "network"! lol

Went in to the barbershop for a trim, one of the barbers asks if I'm still collecting Avon bottles. I said yes. She went on to say she saw a coin bottle at a local Goodwill, and it had liquid in it. Not one to pass on a heads-up I went there later this morning and found the bottle full of Bravo - one I have been fervently searching for! Good things come to them that wait - and have a good network! lol

Attachments

• IMG_7323.JPG
    IMG_7323.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7324.JPG
    IMG_7324.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7326.JPG
    IMG_7326.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 12

Went in to the barbershop for a trim, one of the barbers asks if I'm still collecting Avon bottles. I said yes. She went on to say she saw a coin bottle at a local Goodwill, and it had liquid in it. Not one to pass on a heads-up I went there later this morning and found the bottle full of Bravo - one I have been fervently searching for! Good things come to them that wait - and have a good network! lol
I've got the Bravo pocket watch too. One of my favorites with a strong ash scent

FarmerTan

Excellent!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator

So, how do you like Bravo?

Banana, tobacco, Juicy Fruit - goes with many soaps!

AA

Really like Bravo. One of my favs. Just lately due to my running low I've been rationing it's use. But now I can wear it more!
I get a definite incense kind of aroma from it. Lasts a long time, too.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

That is a beauty. Congratulations.

My vintage Avon find of the day includes these gems at my 3rd Goodwill store, "The Pawn ll" chess set. The dark bottle is about 25% full of pre-electric shave, and the silver bottle is filled with hair/scalp protein treatment. The oil still has a very strong, woodsy masculine scent, I'm guessing Deep Woods or Wild Country? Some quick research and a comment on FB dates these to around 1977. Only the silver bottle has a box, but both are in excellent condition.
Avon Goodwill.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
My vintage Avon find of the day includes these gems at my 3rd Goodwill store, "The Pawn ll" chess set. The dark bottle is about 25% full of pre-electric shave, and the silver bottle is filled with hair/scalp protein treatment. The oil still has a very strong, woodsy masculine scent, I'm guessing Deep Woods or Wild Country? Some quick research and a comment on FB dates these to around 1977. Only the silver bottle has a box, but both are in excellent condition.
View attachment 1057366

The chess pieces are always worthwhile! Usually cheap, too.

Been using the Leaping Trout this week (Deep Woods). Bless my wife, who takes the appearance of these objects on our vanity in stride! The trout is either garish or beautiful!

AA

Top Bottom