What's new

Vintage Avon find

This arrived today. Such a nice bottle and box .
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
27877023-A6B2-4BD2-A201-2B4FA903CF58.jpeg81982ED5-AD11-4732-BEA0-02994E6FC965.jpeg357767AD-0DBC-4EE9-B30A-5A65590262AE.jpegA13A254B-A296-461A-B9D1-697F6941B92C.jpeg
Finally found some vintage Avon that actually still had some aftershave in the bottles. Both are nearly full. Cost me $10 Aus per bottle. I was happy with that. Last week in Katoomba found plenty of empty Avon bottles that the dealer wanted triple for what I paid for almost full. They still smell pretty good.

Surfing the auction sites it’s amazing how some people want more for empty bottles than what I pay for full.

In the US at least it pays to be patient and wait for the deal. I’ve picked up quite a few bottles now from the always available Wild country to the harder to find bay rum and island lime . On average I’ve paid I think around $2.50 per Oz (shipped) (this includes the more expensive bay rum and island lime prices )

Given most artisan bottles are 4oz that means my Avon bottles have cost me on average $10 per 4 Oz and that includes shipping.

I think that’s really good value.

You bunch of enablers have me looking at vintage Avon all over the net. Garage sales and thrift stores around here have nothing lately. Sure would be nice to find about five ounces each of Deep Woods, Oland, Leather, Everest, Spicy and Brisk Spice. I am set for Island Lime and Wild Country.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This arrived today. Such a nice bottle and box .
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Now THAT is a score!

I was only able to get the book empty; did refill it with Bootleggers BR, so no loss.

Have the Tribute book, full.

The book bottles hold a lot, and take up little room on the shelf. A good call!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Surfing the auction sites it’s amazing how some people want more for empty bottles than what I pay for full.

In the US at least it pays to be patient and wait for the deal. I’ve picked up quite a few bottles now from the always available Wild country to the harder to find bay rum and island lime . On average I’ve paid I think around $2.50 per Oz (shipped) (this includes the more expensive bay rum and island lime prices )

Given most artisan bottles are 4oz that means my Avon bottles have cost me on average $10 per 4 Oz and that includes shipping.

I think that’s really good value.

Yes, patience pays. I got three full "cars" once, cologne, for $20 including shipping. Which for the poor person left like no profit, but they DID go to a good home.

AA

The book bottles hold a lot, and take up little room on the shelf. A good call!

AA

10-4
At 6 ounces a piece you can get alot of scents in a little space. I top them off when they get low, and if my last refill bottle is empty I have the entire book bottle's worth to find some more.
IMG_7162.JPG

10-4
At 6 ounces a piece you can get alot of scents in a little space. I top them off when they get low, and if my last refill bottle is empty I have the entire book bottle's worth to find some more.View attachment 1023551
This looks good. I commend you. Now if I show this to the missus, she will ask me why I can't be organized and neat. Maybe I better not, will save me hearing a pointed stabbing remark.

This looks good. I commend you. Now if I show this to the missus, she will ask me why I can't be organized and neat. Maybe I better not, will save me hearing a pointed stabbing remark.

lol
The Mrs. is why I set these up this way. Lots of liquid storage, easy to access, not too obtrusive on the bathroom shelf (the guest bathroom that is - I didn't want to push my luck!)

Though I've never seen it in the wild there's supposed to be an Oland cologne. Can't image how wonderful that stuff is - the aftershave is already pretty potent!

My girlfriend's mom found this yellow car with Oland Cologne. I transferred it to the empty bottle I picked up at another antique store. I still haven't done a serious side-by-side but there isn't a whole lot of difference. The cologne is just more "amped up" I guess.

image0.jpeg

IMG_8772.JPG

Had to get out of the house today so me and the wife hit a few local antique stores and hit the jackpot again just couldn’t say no
43D31275-DA40-4B3A-9FBB-ABA9B8D4A1FF.jpeg

assorted Full in the box oland deep woods Tia winds and wild country all full all these were from one vendor and were full paid $4 per bottle
6FE5ABB4-7781-4FE8-8B3C-1B00DEDE6DA2.jpeg

bravo bottle over half full
DE615886-C092-422D-99BA-13956EDE2812.jpeg

Everest bottle full
FF1E434D-159C-47C5-B12B-CAB2BE769141.jpeg

oland bottles full
0B8D9277-4C96-407E-92EB-0088D7B26248.jpeg

windjammer bottle full
69B75C5B-A789-457E-A36C-F34039A824B5.jpeg

deep woods bottle full
00558B21-9141-4C1F-A8DC-E218706FC4A5.jpeg
Island lime bottle full(was $4) THIS MADE MY DAY
57D4C1F4-9791-49A4-AE87-217A3453E934.jpeg

ande these were my wife’s fines there all full except the Betty Ross bottle which is half full

what a great day and to find so many In the box full was great and then finding island lime was the icing on the cake

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Score indeed! +1 on the lime, one time I saw a car whose box said Wild Country ... I looked anyways. Island Lime and sold!

AA

Great grab! Looks like alot of Oland in that bundle.

I really like that Oland bottle with the wooden cap, Mason. That - and the Tai Winds Tiki bottle - are the only two vintage Avon decanters I'm still looking for.

Top Bottom