What's new

Vintage Avon '33 Pierce Arrow AS for sale near me. Worth getting?

I came across a FB marketplace ad for 5 NIB Avon after shave cream in 1933 Pierce Arrow car containers. If I like the smell I would get one for my man, but are they worth getting all of them for re sale? Not looking to get rich LOL, just wondering if this is good stuff or if anybody collects it.
120258657_3439621506080604_1517253044848935472_o.jpg

People do collect it. I myself buy from local antique malls, and from what I pay, it wouldn't be worth your shipping costs to try to resell to me. You might check what people are selling "Avon Aftershave" for on Ebay to determine if it would be worth your time.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It all depends on how much you paid for them honestly. If you paid $1.50 each, then it wouldn't matter if the scent was liked or not, you could resell them easily for still a cheap price and still make a profit. If they were $10 a pop? Maybe not so much.

A few months back, the wife and I was in a retail thrift store, Salvation Army I think, and I found about 30 or so bottles of varying vintage Avon bottles, all in boxes and full. I already have lifetime supplies of many of the popular ones I like. They were selling them for $2.50 a piece. I bought several boxes of each of the ones I have never tried like Excalibur and a couple of ones I already have like Tai Winds and Everest.

However, among those 30 boxes of Avon were 4 boxes of Island Lime. I had never tried Island Lime at the time, but have read all of the rave reviews here, so I bought them all. I have used Island Lime a few times now and while it's an ok lime scent, it didn't knock my sox off like I thought it would reading all the reviews.

There are several lime aftershaves I think are much better then Island Lime. But I only paid $2.50 a piece for them, and from what I read it is very hard to find in the wild, so I will keep them and eventually use them one day.

Top Bottom