What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

Jim - some of those sets look familiar! (I've since got a second - and different - Corvette gift set - it's great stuff).

I've been bad in the vintage ASAD department lately (let's don't talk about colognes)...

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Three Musketeers from Lentheric (AS, Cologne, AS talc):
proxy.php

...and finally - especially for the Nid:

proxy.php

my acquisitive, hoarding nature is dangerous in this game - when I come across something I like (that is long since discontinued, of course) then the challenge becomes finding more of it - I wish I was rich.

Jon, That's quite a collection!

What's the story on the lime in the first photo? I have a bottle of the same stuff.

Let's see some more photos, guys! Don't keep those treasures to yourself. Once I get my daughter to give me back my camera, I'll post some too.

I really don't know much about this - made by AR. Winarick - a large cosmetics company that owned Jeris at one time (?). I've seen similar bottles & packaging for a Bay Rum AS, presumably from the same company.

It's garishness indicates to me it was from the late '60s or early '70s. Priced at $2.00 for 7 oz.

Not a bad lime, either - do you like yours?

Jon, That's quite a collection!

What's the story on the lime in the first photo? I have a bottle of the same stuff.

I really don't know much about this - made by AR. Winarick - a large cosmetics company that owned Jeris at one time (?). I've seen similar bottles & packaging for a Bay Rum AS, presumably from the same company.

It's garishness indicates to me it was from the late '60s or early '70s. Priced at $2.00 for 7 oz.

Not a bad lime, either - do you like yours?

Yeah, it's actually pretty good. I use it with the lime Godrej or Dettol shaving cream for a low price citrus shave. In fact, I think I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Here is a bottle of Seaforth Heather Aftershave Lotion that I found at an Antiques store. It had about 5-7 uses left in it when I got it, but is now home to Barbasol Brisk. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Jim, that's a great picture. A vintage Musgo Real EdC with a package imitating cork, you can't get much more Portuguese than that! :w00t:

Great thread Chris, here are a couple from my gallery.
I will shoot the rest soon.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a wonderful thread!

I've got a couple of Vintage Yardley AS's i'll post a photo of. One is "New Improved Formula" which works seemingly the same as the bottle similar to Jim's.

I have a few NOS Avon bottles that I am not allowed to touch :)glare: @SWMBO). I do have on vintage AS that I bought a few months back that I really love, and my wife does as well (honestly, it has a strange effect on her, maybe I should rename it Love Potion #9). I bought it still in the box for less than $3 at an antique store. I try to use it sparingly as I want it to last as long as possibly since it is hard to come by.

Rich,
Very nice collection! Can you ID the warrent on the Yardley AS bottle? It looks like the Prince of wales? Could be your set is Pre WWII.

The early sets seemed to mix and match the plastic and metal caps.

Rich,

Great collection, and excellent photos! Love that Aqua Velva bottle art. Saved the photo for use of the design in future design projects. Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom