What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

Nice grab. My oldest bottle--mid 90's, made in USA. Like yours--the scent is wonderful. I have two more bottles of aftershave, one is maybe three years old and latest from 2019. Made in USA, but not as strong as the 90's bottle, still better than most anything out there for a chypre scent. In fact, a bottle of cologne came with the 2019 purchase, and the 90's aftershave is stronger than the cologne from 2019. You might get addicted to Z-14. Dynamite stuff! Think I will shave and throw some on.

Oh, I already am addicted.. most days I'd say it's my signature scent. My collection is as follows:

Cologne/Aftershave set (2016-ish?) Treemoss only - yes, I enjoy the aftershave too, I only have about 1/3 bottle left, which is why I'm seeking out others.

Cologne (2009-2010-ish) - Jeff Gordon edition with Oakmoss. Really not a huge difference from the newer stuff, except, well, the oakmoss really comes through. Sprayer is worse on this one though.

Now I've added these aftershaves.. they smell better than any of the above, oakmoss is prevalent plus I get a huge blast of very natural smelling citrus as opposed to the somewhat uni-dimensional lemon of the newer versions.
Just overall a more complex and deep fragrance. However, being an aftershave concentration, it does not last long at all. Need to find some cologne from this era to match!

if you like oak moss, sometime try acca kappa's muschio aftershave or musgo's oak moss cologne.

very mossy, musky, long-lasting.

acca kappa moss merkur slant rudy vey musgo real aug 18 2014.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
These have just arrived and I am thrilled. I have a full 50ml bottle of Avon Wild Spice Eau De Cologne which I have never seen before and know nothing about. To me the scent is between Oland and Spicy. If anyone knows anything about this then I would be very interested. Also in the same package, a full 50ml Shulton Mandate Cologne Spray. I have never seen this in cologne form and it is especially lovely with strong notes of amber and oakmoss. A really nice scent.

20200425_093101.jpg

Ok, felt the need to hoard a little more Halston Z-14 aftershave.. this particular bottle is an "FFI" pre-Elizabeth Arden example. My best guess is late 90's. Man this one smells amazing.. a little different than the smaller German 2 oz bottles (this one is 4.2 oz like the newer bottles).. the German Halston juice has a bit more herbal/green notes in the top, a little more fizz, so to speak. This one just deep and complex, mossy and yes, I get the leather.. I got lucky that that this one held up well since it was unboxed.

ffi2.JPG

ffi1.JPG

Last edited:
got a 1940s vintage old spice shave mug with it's original soap it was unused until I tried it out a few days ago, Lathers up great even after all these years. Has a faint smell of it's original scent surprisingly. Best part though, got it for 20 bucks on eBay. it's 5 1/2 oz so this puck should last a while.
IMG_20200925_121404.jpg
IMG_20200925_121715.jpg

Top Bottom