What's new

Vikings Blade

Vikings Blade needs some more love. Excellent brand, affordable. Stellar performance. Razors and brushes in particular are notably good.

While the thought of using old vintage razors can be appealing to some. I might say the best razor is the one with your story on it.

The Vikings Blade has a Crusader razor. I would like to see if there is interest in putting together a Crusader group of zealots, not Robin Hood's merry men, and simply a book perhaps reading King Arthur's tales or another topic. Looking at the footnotes there are 250 reference points.

I don't know if it is that kind of history-based forum combined with a specific quest, book read or spiritual purpose. Nerds, scholars, fellows of Encyclopedia of Brittanica, National Geographic people.

Is a razor just a razor? Does it get better with knowledge imbued into it? It certainly makes life more enjoyable and interesting. History is something I have time on my hands for. After all, I am interested in wet shaving.

You pose some very interesting points. One reason I enjoy my vintage razors is the history they've seen. Even though I don't know who used the razors, I like the feel of wielding a 70 - 100-year-old razor across my face wondering what notable figure in history used the same razor. One can create an entire story & setting around a razor. Modern razors I don't do that as much with. I view them as precise instruments I enjoy using to give me the exceptional shave I expect from the razor. I suppose one could easily create a futuristic story of who will be using the razor 100 years from now, & on what planet!

Top Bottom