What's new

Vikings Blade Emperor

Hi Folks!

I'm kinda new to both wet shaving and this forum. I just learned that I'm getting a VB Emperor for my birthday and I was wondering does anyone has this razor? and if so, would you provide your opinion/review on it? Maybe some tips as its an unusual variable razor. Also, the one I'm getting is dark metal and bronze-looking, not the chrome one. I look forward to hearing your comments. Thank you!

I think this company is from Australia but the razors comes from China. What makes me say so? Their Chieftain is almost identical to a Baili razor on Aliexpress (I think BD179). Also their other razors look very much similar to razors from Yintal or Weishi.

Not that these Chinese razors are bad but you might save some money if you don't go for the brand and opt for a Chinese one instead.

... I just learned that I'm getting a VB Emperor for my birthday and I was wondering does anyone has this razor? and if so, would you provide your opinion/review on it? Maybe some tips as its an unusual variable razor. Also, the one I'm getting is dark metal and bronze-looking, not the chrome one. I look forward to hearing your comments. Thank you!
This thread may give you some good information; Vikings Blade Emperor Augustus - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/vikings-blade-emperor-augustus.564238/

I ordered some Vikings Blade razor blades on Amazon, 50 blades for $14.99. While it seems the company is Australian, the blade packaging claims they're made in USA.

Which Emperor? The Emperor Augustus or the Emperor Meiji?

I bought a Meiji recently but it wasn't usable. It bent the blade such that all 4 corners were pushed downward.

I got the Augustus version (long handle) and I found it smooth. I usually set it to 3-4 and it does the job fine. The razor is mostly brass + some zinc alloy and it is a little in heavy side. If you get the one with black/gold plating, you will have to wash and dry it every time or the plating will peel off. I like this razor and hope to keep it for life time. :)

Top Bottom