What's new

Viking Shave Soap

I'm no expert or qualified to give reviews but just wanted to share a recent experience I had with trying Viking Shave Soap.

I first tried one of them about 4 months ago. It was ok but I just tried another scent this week and it was a significant improvement from the first try. There was good slickness, lathered easy and had great cushion, and the post shave feel was quite nice. The scent passed the wife test and it was pleasant but moderate strength. Apparently they have tweaked their formula and that's why I saw the improvement. I think I paid about $10 for a tub, which is very reasonable. All and all I'm quite happy giving them a try and will keep one in my rotation bringing my total now at 5 whole soaps.

It is IMO one of the greatest "sleepers" in today's market. The owner/maker is an actual R&D guy in an agricultural lab for a major Midwestern U. In other words, he is not some hack. His tallow is locally sourced and is superb. Plus, he gives you FIVE ounces in a tub. One word of advice is that his soap really, I mean REALLY, loves lots of water.

Viking & also Shannon's Soaps are two of the biggest "sleepers" in the shaving soap world. ;)

I loved my tub of Tree of Life soap. Great scent and excellent performance. I gifted it to my brother @ 70% full after 6 months of almost daily use as I got him into DE shaving and wanted him to have a really positive experience with his first real shave soap. Definitely an artisan worth checking out.

@Don_Pisto - thank you for the review! I appreciate all the feedback I can get. Thanks to the others for the kind words also

My name is Andrew, I am the owner of Viking Soap & Cosmetic. If anyone has any questions or comments, I'd be happy to field them.

Also wanted to say that I am not affiliated with Viking's Blade in anyway, I know there is some confusion regarding the similarity of names, but we are totally separate entities.

Viking is a hidden Gem so to speak in the wet shaving world. Excellent ingredients, performance, and price. The labels he uses are top notch quality as well a bit similar to the ones used by T&S. Will also add that the Viking samples are of a generous size compared to most other samples on the market. Worth checking out for sure.

Got my order of Citron SS and balm yesterday and used this morning. Easy to lather and a fine shave. Of course, this is the first use but I'm well pleased. I think the more I use it and get the water/soap ratio down pat, the more I'll like it. Do believe it's a keeper

Viking soaps are really excellent. I have several soaps that many consider “top tier” such as B&M, Grooming Dept and Declaration Grooming and I find myself often reaching for Viking Soaps Old Norse and Citron. The lather generates quickly, protects well, is slick and has a great post shave.

Top Bottom