What's new

Viking Razors? Any Good?

If you refering to Vikings blade razors? I have a Chieftain butterfly which is a very nice affordable medium mild DE

I have a Chieftain 5 BC edition and an Emperor Meiji adjustable. Both razors are TTOs. Their doors close smoothly and blade exposure is even. The quality control is excellent on my razors. They provide an excellent shave for my moderate beard.

eric

Vikings Blade is a company that takes Chinese razors and puts a lot of markup on them.

The one thing they do have is a lifetime warranty, I believe... so that is worth a little bit of markup.

But most of their razors can be found under the name Baili on aliexpress.com (and Amazon), for a lot less.

(Sent from mobile)

Vikings Blade is a company that takes Chinese razors and puts a lot of markup on them.

The one thing they do have is a lifetime warranty, I believe... so that is worth a little bit of markup.

But most of their razors can be found under the name Baili on aliexpress.com (and Amazon), for a lot less.

(Sent from mobile)
Well that’s a disappointment.

(Sent from mobile)
Respectfully, that may have been partially true very early in Vikings Blade's history but that is not the case now. If you do a search on the subject you will see statements from both Balli and Vikings Blade that clarify the situation.

Eric

Vikings Blade is fine. Like someone else said, they take a Chinese made razor, charge about 5x as much for it and claim it to be their own.

Respectfully, that may have been partially true very early in Vikings Blade's history but that is not the case now. If you do a search on the subject you will see statements from both Balli and Vikings Blade that clarify the situation.

Eric
I know about that. But if they were willing to fleece us before, I am hesitant to trust them now.

I am skeptical of those current statements.

I sincerely appreciate your respectful attitude. And please know that it is mutual. It's really nice to have opposing discussions without things getting nuts.

(Sent from mobile)

I want to like Vikings blade. But the brand seems to be representing an "Australian quality" while they manufacture in China. I'm at odds with the way they're doing this and their brand. If they decided to make the razors in Australia it would be a whole different story.

I don't care what is claimed, Vikings and Bailis are more or less the same ****ty stuff. As I said somwhere else, don't listen to influencers, use your money to buy a vintage Gillette Super-Speed, Tech, and/or one of the adjustables. They don't rattle, they aren't cheap garbage, they will last you the rest of your lifetime.

Well that’s a disappointment.
May be of interest:

I also use the Viking Chieftain razor and love it! It yields great shaves regardless of which blade I use.

I now am testing four of their soaps, along with their badger brush. These are also giving great results!

I also use the Viking Chieftain razor and love it! It yields great shaves regardless of which blade I use.

I now am testing four of their soaps, along with their badger brush. These are also giving great results!
I have their White Knight brush and it is great.

I have the Emperor Augustus (Long handle) and Emperor Meiji (Short handle) adjustables and love both. My preference goes to the Meiji for the color scheme and short handle. They sell on Amazon and compete very well for the price with the Variant and the Progress. The best way I can describe shaving with them is a heavy version of a Slim.

All brass except for the baseplate which is zamack. No threads to worry about there so they should last a very long time. I communicated with them quite a bit a few years back and they seemed very interested in what I thought about them. The weight doesn’t bother me but that is one hang up some have against those razors. I suggested to them maybe to put a nylon baseplate on them to lighten them up like the post 76 Super Adjustables.

Top Bottom