What's new

Viking Blade The Admiral Brush Holder Gap Improvement

I have used a Viking Blade The Admiral Brush Holder for some time now. It is heavy weight and nice quality. However, my Shavemac Germania brush would not fit into the holder easily with the factory gap. I wanted it to fit in without having to push to hard, rub the hairs, and deform the knot. I used a Dremel tool and widened the gap and also polished the entire holder with a Dremel tool brush. I followed that by hand polishing the entire holder with a micro fiber cloth and Blue Magic metal polish. I thought I would share in case anyone else has experienced the same problems getting their brush to fit properly. It now fits easily without the knot hairs rubbing while pushing into place and keeps the knot shape natural. Mullard
AB0CBD4F-F448-4174-81A2-74C8ED980828.jpeg
31605EAA-EC1F-43D2-B80C-9727FA0DCF26.jpeg
A05F4E43-1060-40E7-BA7F-B9A132D42A3A.jpeg
5E068F31-89B9-4CB7-A7A8-5EC5F031C29C.jpeg

Excellent. I have that same problem. I will be doing that to my stand very soon. I still don’t like hanging a brush in any way other than by the handle. Im always afraid of hanging it near the knot like that...I’d grind it out a little more, and hang it by the handle. Just sayin.

With several days use now, I can say that it was a needed improvement as the brush now slides easily in and out of the holder without rubbing against the badger hair brush bristles.

Top Bottom