What's new

Vie-Long?

Sorry Pawel,
My Polish language skills are non existent. It is difficult to tell from pictures, but there was at least one brush that looked interesting.

Ron,
You may want to try 'Bable Fish' the Alta Vista translator. I am unsure if they offer a Polish language.

Most of this generation of Europeans speak English. Generally, If you contact a foreign company, someone will respond to you in your home language.
Hope that helps, Sue

OK, I will translate for example this one http://www.ha-ro.com/produkty_206_1984.html
It says:
Shaving brush - badger- 14832
Shaving brush made of natural bristle - badger
Highest quality of the product!!!
The package includes the brush and stand.
Made by reputable company from Spain found in 1940, company's signature on the handle of every brush.
Weight: 0,1 kg
Price: 60 PLN (about 20 USD)
Producer: Vie-Long Spain

Did you hear about Vie-Long before?

Sorry, my knowledge of this firm is about the same as my Polish skills. I would be careful though, most european brush manufacturers have low-cost brushes that are made of a mixture of boar and badger. The phrase "Pędzel do golenia z naturalnego włosia - BORSUK." leads me to believe that this is one of the mixture brushes. The $40.US would be high if that is the case.

Pawel,
I chatted with an old friend from Spain. He is familiar with the Vie-Long line.
From our chat:
"They're the most readily available brushes here (Spain). Those and Omegas are about the only ones easily found... I consider them to be of poor quality. They're certainly cheaper than the Omegas here. There is a great variety of handle designs though... They make horse, boar, horse+boar and (low quality) badger brushes. "
This gentleman is well versed in the tools of wet shaving and knows well about that which he speaks.
The last thing from his missive, "I hope that helps."

Czesc, Pawel! mowiem troszku po polsku! Nie dobrze, jestem z Lwow. I love WARS and POLLENA LIDER shaving cream, they're both great.

Jeff

smoothfacejeff said:
Czesc, Pawel! mowiem troszku po polsku! Nie dobrze, jestem z Lwow.

Czesc Jeff! Bardzo poprawnie napisales, podobno pisac po polsku jest trudniej niz mowic, wiec poszlo Ci znakomicie. A Lwow niestety nalezy juz do Ukrainy, a nam pozostaly przedwojenne filmy, aby go podziwiac :-(.

(Hi Jeff. You wrote it very properly, they say it's harder to write in Polish than speak so you did tremendous job. And Lwow belongs to Ukraine nowadays unfortunately, so we have only movies made before Second World War left to admite its beauty)

smoothfacejeff said:
I love WARS and POLLENA LIDER shaving cream, they're both great.
Jeff

I have to try LIDER - it looked so cheap at the shop shelf but if you recommed it I will try it.

Cheers
Pawel

Pawel, Lider is very, very good, I enjoy it a lot. It's one of the cheapest brands in Poland, I think and it's as good as some of the more expensive brands anywhere. There are 2 different kinds, Zapach Classic and Zapach Active, I have them both. WARS is something special, I hope you've used it before. It's my number one favorite from Poland. I tried Kanion classic once, but I didn't like it too much. WARS and POLLENA LIDER are a million times better!
Best regards,Jeff

Pawel, unfortunately, I forgot 95% of my Polish, because I was very young when I left Lwow. My parents spoke to me either in Yiddish or in English when we came to Canada. I can still understand Polish if it's spoken slowly. I speak several other languages perfectly.:smile:

Jeff

Thanks Ron. I will avoid it - I'm going to buy some SR instead of!

Ciao
Pawel

Did you find a good brush?
What brand is a SR?

This info comes a bit to late, but hey, someone might read this thread if their curious of Vie-Long.
Vie-Long Badger + Hors Hair shaving brush Ref.14832.
A spainaird says this brush are bleached horse hair/badger and that it entangles together and that hairs breaks off. Gets a big hole in center.
The company says he is using it wrong. Others support this guy and says that this brush entangles and gets a gap in the middle.
On the other hand some say that if you are "pumping" your brush while lathering or using to much force while face lathering, you can destroy a brush.

The 12705 model (se link under) are not bleached horsehairs, but natural/unbleached horsehair. The unbleached horsehair-brushes gets a very good review.
The bleached horsehairs combined with bristle/badgerhairs seems to entangle. I probably would steer clear of even an bleach horsehair-brush that are not combined with bristle or badger hairs.

A guy at another forum sent me this PM.

"Hi. That Vie-Long brush is a 12705, like this:http://shavetools.com/vie-long-12705...ing-brush.html
I think all brushes loose hairs for the first couple of uses. This one lost a couple the first few uses, too, but hasn't lost any since. It's a very good brush for the money, with a soft feel on my face and enough backbone for hard soaps."

Cheers

Eivind Ottar Hanssen, Norway

Last edited:
Did you find a good brush?
What brand is a SR?

This info comes a bit to late, but hey, someone might read this thread if their curious of Vie-Long.
Vie-Long Badger + Hors Hair shaving brush Ref.14832.
A spainaird says this brush are bleached horse hair/badger and that it entangles together and that hairs breaks off. Gets a big hole in center.
The company says he is using it wrong. Others support this guy and says that this brush entangles and gets a gap in the middle.

The 12705 model are not bleached horsehairs, but natural/unbleached horsehair. The unbleached horsehair-brushes gets a very good review.
The bleached horsehairs combined with bristle/badgerhairs seems to entangle. I would steer clear of even an bleach horsehair-brush that are not combined with bristle or badger hairs.

A guy at another forum sent me this PM.

"Hi. That Vie-Long brush is a 12705, like this:http://shavetools.com/vie-long-12705...ing-brush.html
I think all brushes loose hairs for the first couple of uses. This one lost a couple the first few uses, too, but hasn't lost any since. It's a very good brush for the money, with a soft feel on my face and enough backbone for hard soaps."

Cheers

Eivind Ottar Hanssen, Norway

This thread is 7 years old.

Top Bottom