What's new

Vie-long Horsehair brush

I am pretty sure you can order the customization in the notification page where the engraving is---I just ordered
the standard 13061 because I bowl lather with my scuttle 90% of the time

Thanks! But I've only seen engraving as option. I was wondering about choosing loft and kind of hair. Did I miss something?

On the left side of the page in the menu,there is a link that explains how to customize the loft

... The only way to get a RV brush with horse hair would be to order if from Gifts and Care and let him pull the knot since no one out there makes just the knots (at least no where I have found).

I just read another thread a couple of days ago, supposedly whippeddog carries Horse knots now, I'm not sure of the Quality but I doubt Larry would stock trash.

Thanks! But I've only seen engraving as option. I was wondering about choosing loft and kind of hair. Did I miss something?

Just state your loft request in the Comments Area on the bottom of the Check-out page. If you want the brush in un-banded hair, you'll have to request "Natural Brown Horse Hair" 35/65. Banded Brushes are 50/50

50/50 & 35/65 refers to the Mane/Tail Hair Ratio= Softness/Firmness (corrected)

Last edited:
You definitely don't want to cut the tips of ANY shaving Brush, my reference to the customization was on the initial order if it was from Gifts& Care. I have the same Handle with the Horse/Badger mix & the Factory Loft of 57mm, not good for Face Lathers, but works great in a bowl for those Weekend Shaves & loads soaps like Tabac easy enough. Now if you want to shorten that loft, Rudy could get it out but the Handle would have to be broken & unusable. I good reason for a Custom Rudy Vey with a Horse Hair Knot like I did with my 13713 Horse taking it from a 55mm Loft to a 45mm, now its a Face Lathering Machine.

Wow - that

attachment.php

is one COOL looking handle.

-s

Just state your loft request in the Comments Area on the bottom of the Check-out page. If you want the brush in un-banded hair, you'll have to request "Natural Brown Horse Hair" 35/65. Banded Brushes are 50/50

50/50 & 35/65 refers to the Mane/Tail Hair Ratio= Softness/Firmness (corrected)

My apologies to all the Members, but I had sent a few e-mails to Juan @ Gifts & Care for clarification on Horse Ratios & the function of each type of Hair. After receiving his reply, I'd like to Correct my response. In Addition Brush 13800 is not a 65/35 Ratio, it's 35/65 and was a misprint on his site, we did discuss the possibility of a 65/35 being available in the future. The Vie-Long Horse Knots are not made by Vie-Long, but by another Vendor so it's unknown if this will go anywhere.

bcs89 Thanks, I call it the Green Hornet

Last edited:
Top Bottom