What's new

Videos demonstrating face lathering using only paint strokes

I face lather using hard soaps.
I received my new Simpson Duke 3, read the insert that recommended using only paint strokes to lather. Researched the subject here and looked for videos on line demonstrating using only paint strokes to load the brush and then lather on the face. Can't find any.
The way I use my brush I am not worried about damaging it. I use light circular motions to both load and lather interspersed with painting. I splay just a bit, don't mash it down. I've tried using only paint strokes for both loading the brush face lathering with poor results.
More for interests sake than anything else, does anybody know of any videos demonstrating face lathering with a hard soap using just paint strokes?

Linear strokes with light splay work perfectly well when face lathering hard soaps. I do it every day.

I believe "paint strokes" in these instructions simply refers to linear strokes, but it could also be interpreted as "slow and gentle" as if you were literally doing painting. I don't think this second interpretation is useful for making lather, but the first one is.

Go at your light splay "paint strokes" with good gusto - it'll work.

I have fairly hard water (mostly calcium). It’s not the friendliest to lathering.

While I do use circular, lightly scrubbing strokes to distribute the soap on my face, I switch to linear “painting” strokes to lather. It’s not slow, but not really fast and furious either. I just whip the tips lightly back and forth, kinda like being slapped with a feather. I slow down to paint the resulting lather on my face, repeating if the lather isn’t quite ready yet.

I use fast linear strokes to face lather and light circular strokes in the jar to load the brush. Some splay does happen with the circular passes through the jar, but only during the two or three seconds of loading.

The brush is moving like a speed bag across the painted area of the face and neck. It makes kind of a popping or smacking sound.

This technique is not working as well with the synthetics I am sampling as it did with the badger brushes I had used exclusively before, but there are still a few left to try. Is your Duke a platinum synthetic or is it best badger? I have one of the former on the way and could speak better to its performance soon.

Sorry this is such a poor video suggestion, but hope it may be of some aid. I am not familiar with the creators in this space yet and sadly my writing is not the best either.

Cheers!

Top Bottom