What's new

Via Barberia from Omega Brush Brand - Hitted again!

Today I went with Via Barberia Herbae; same soap as yesterday's Aquae but with a different scent. The scent on this is just as subtle as Aquae, and smells very similar. I can't pick out any specific notes other than to say it smells "fresh". The two soaps are almost interchangeable, but I give the slight edge to Aquae.

Lather-wise, today's was thick, creamy, and way more voluminous than yesterday's - a very luxurious lather. Since it's the same soap base, I can only attribute that to using a synthetic brush. While I still prefer good old boar brushes, synthetics often produce a better lather, and that was the case today.

Finished with the matching serum and my face is happy again today. Not much scent on the Herbae though.

Having sampled three Via Barberia scents now, either in soap or serum, I have to say the runaway winner for me is Fructi.

Pre: Warm shower
Brush: Omega Babrerpole Hi-Brush
Razor: Garibaldi
Blade:
Soap: Via Barberia Aquae Shaving Cream
AS: Via Barberia Aquae After Shave Skin Serum

Music: On the Go - Matthew Halsall
EDT: L'Erbolario Fresca EssenzA

proxy.php

Well just got it..aqua and fructose are amazing scents. I'll be putting a video up soon. Look up Antonio Portolesi on YouTube. ..can't wait to try this stuff

Just noticed these products in the aqua and herb scent at my local drug store. I didn't buy because I had never heard of it before (but of Omega obviously). Thanks yet again to B&B for knowledgeable folks that will be enabling my SAD....

Which is better folks, the soap or cream/croap? I'm leaning towards soap for the shea butter and it's moisturizing properties.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Just noticed these products in the aqua and herb scent at my local drug store.
OK so I see a Canadian flag as your avatar, so which drugstore and which city. If it's a chain, I might be able to get some here in Montreal. BTW the Fructi is the winner scent. Definitely get the after-shave serums - they're amazing!

Calgary, AB, Pharmasave. No fructi scent but they do have the cream, soap, serum, and balm. I have not seen other pharmasaves in the area with the level of shave supplies as this one though. They even have DR Harris, Merkur, Vei-Long, etc. It seems to be a bit of a speciality store for some reason.

Shaved with Omega via barbaria aquae soap and after shave serum tonight for the first time. Must say Mostho was right, great products. Really nice lather from the hard soap that took a good amount of water without falling apart. Slick, cushion/protection, and a great scent. I believe the Shea butter helps with post shave as this is a veggie soap. The after shave serum was nice as well, soothing and moisturizing, without leaving my face feeling greasy, just soft and smooth.

I hope they get the fructi in at some point as that appears to be the favorite scent overall. I am quite happy with the aquae and would describe it as a spicy aqua scent. It's a really nice light summer scent that isn't cloyingly sweet.

I had had never tried Omega cream/soap before but this one is quite good.

Ordered a puck of Omega's Via Barberia Herbae soap from Maggard's. Arrived today. A generous 150g puck. Interesting scent. Not sure when I'll get to shave with it. Perhaps when I store my winter soaps away.

Erbae it's not an easy scent to understand. It's simple and complex at the same time. Still sports a great performance

@mark1JT glad you like it! Enjoy!

Curious about the hard puck, nice to see there are several scents to choose from and a nice price for a hard puck. The utube videos seem to show a nice lather from the soap.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Today I feel honored to be one of the few people in North America who has shaved with the new Omega Via Barberia line of high-end shaving products. They were a generous gift from a friend, who knew I've been dying to try them.

The feeling of the soap dry is like no other - it's very slippery without being greasy, like highly polished Teflon. Not much scent, but what is there is distinctly fresh smelling. I thought it would smell like the ocean, but instead, it smells like water.

Lathering time. This soap makes lather IMMEDIATELY. There were suds coming off the puck before the second swirl. I loaded for only about 10 seconds and started to build the lather on my face (because bowls are for cereal, not shaving ;-) The lather is not thick or voluminous, but it's not thin and watery either. The scent doesn't evolve when lathered like some other soaps; it smells the same wet or dry. The scent is there, classy and unobtrusive, and not overpowering.

The shave was smooth and pleasant. For my ATG pass, I purposely applied the lather very thinly to gauge residual slickness. This stuff is slippery as snot; there was no tugging or discomfort. All in all, a very good soap from a company that is known for low-priced high-value mass produced products. I hope people judge this soap based on performance and not blindly think that because it's Omega, it's low end.

Finished the shave with the matching serum. Consistency is not quite balm-like, but more viscous than Witch Hazel. The Fructi smelled amazing, so good that I did not apply a splash afterwards. Here we are three hours later and my face feels amazing. I don't know if the post-shave feel is due to the soap or the serum (probably both) but I can't stop touching my face.
I'm reviving an old thread here Rudy because the Via Barberia line from Omega deserves it. I purchased Omega Via Barberia Herbea last week. I used it for the first time on Monday. I agree with your review here 100%. I'm loving this soap and its performance hits well above its price point. So far it seems to be one of the best kept secrets out there! This stuff is Slippery as snot. I'd even go as far as saying it it's as slippery as dog snot lol. I love on my Herbae how the scent is ever present but not over stated. It has replaced Haslinger in my rotation, and imo a better value for the money.
rsz_051.jpg

Find out how crazy you are and click here> upload_2018-5-1_15-43-59.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom