What's new

Vi-Jon Spice no longer available?

It looks like it. I checked a few of my local stores and it isn't stocked anymore. Also, Family Dollar and Dollar General do not list anything like it on their websites. They're only selling the Brut knockoff.

That is a shame, doggonit. I stocked up at Family Dollar at $1.50/bottle last winter when the rumor of it going away hit. Saw some enterprising soul on Ebay not too far back had 3 bottles for $20 plus some shipping. Am afraid the supply and demand thing is upon us for that item.

I managed to snag an extra 7 ounce bottle so I'm set for about a year.

Then I'll have to settle for Avon Spicy! lol

The dollar-type stores stopped offering it long ago.

If you live where Meijer stores are found, they still sell it as their store brand Spice Scent. $4.49 for a 7oz bottle as I write this but they won't ship.

It's been gone for awhile in NJ. I still have another super market brand Old Spice clone, but B&M's version, a vintage version and the Indian Shulton version so I should be set for awhile :laugh:

I think it is a Michigan thing, but Meijer stores still had it the last time I was in one.
edit: I see someone else already pointed that out.

I've been experimenting mixing an Old Spice imposter fragrance oil with witch hazel and glycerin and putting it in a beautiful vintage Old Spice decanter. I actually like it better than the real thing- it does a better job toning, for one thing, and the spreadability and hydration is better.

There's a small business brand on eBay called Love My Skin that has witch hazel and aloe based aftershaves and I've tried them in the past. They also make an Old Spice scent, and their Bay Rum is also good (more "barbershop" than the real thing) and has decent staying power. Their prices aren't bad for an artisan product, about 15 dollars for 4 ounces.

Top Bottom