What's new

Vi Jon Spice Hording!

Hello everyone, I was in a dilemma recently trying to locate some dollar store spice at Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Dollar Tree; however, it seems most discount stores are no longer carrying the Vi Jon product as has been discussed in previous threads. After reading a thread here on B&B, it was revealed the Meijer Grocery chain in Grand Rapids still stocks the product. I brainstormed who I know in Michigan? Turns out a coworker is from Michigan with a sister residing near a Meijer. He facilitated a transaction with his sister to supply six bottles delivered to myself via USPS. The package arrived on Saturday and I'm ecstatic. I enjoy the knockoff scent as much as the real article but the original Shulton will always be my favorite. I have a soft spot for the lower end every man products. Here are a few pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_151839.jpg
    IMG_20190127_151839.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190127_151852.jpg
    IMG_20190127_151852.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20190127_151938.jpg
    IMG_20190127_151938.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
I've never tried this before, but if it's a suitable Shulton replacement, I am sure it's great. I can totally understand the hoarding. I did the same with my favorite aftershave scent.

A year or so ago, I bought a bottle of OS on eBay that the seller said was shulton. Turns out it's just the usual common Old Spice. Oh well.

I'm sure EPay sellers were filling old bottles with the dollar store knock offs in an attempt to pass them as original.

I went into the local $1 mart last year and saw two bottles of the Vi-Jon spice marked "Clearance $1.50". That's all I need to hear - and I grabbed both bottles. Right after that the questions about it's extinction started. Glad I have 14 ounces!

I have about 12oz of the Vi-jon and about 12 oz of Avon Spicy. I can't imagine running out at this point, plus I'm sure at some point I'll add more Spicy at some random thrift shop ;)

I'd prefer to find a bottle of vintage Shulton out in the wild for a good price than over-paying on eBay.. still looking..

Just picked up a $1 clearance bottle at my local Family Dollar. They have 5 more, but I'm stocked right now.

Vintage Shulton? I've got a full decanter of Shulton OS in my wife's flea market booth right now. Thought about keeping it for myself, but decided to stick with Vi-Jon and Avon Spicy and make a profit off the Shulton.

This decanter (not my pic)...
proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
When I first started this wet shaving journey back in 2010, I probably hit every antique and thrift store in my state.

So I have somewhere around 40 ounces total of Vintage Shulton Old Spice along with 20 ounces of vintage fresh lime and 15 ounces of vintage shulton spray cologne.

Since I have over 200 other vintage and modern aftershaves, I'm sure the Shulton I have is a lifetime supply.

Top Bottom