What's new

Vi-Jon spice - extinct?

Set for a while now.. trying to detect whether or not there are any differences. The Ivy Club is probably 5 or so years old. The Meijer was just purchased.. you never know about reformulations :biggrin: ..

OS.JPG

Set for a while now.. trying to detect whether or not there are any differences. The Ivy Club is probably 5 or so years old. The Meijer was just purchased.. you never know about reformulations :biggrin: ..

View attachment 937007

I got the same exact bottles as these from Shop-Rite for $1 each, they were on clearance, only difference was the Shop-rite logo on then.

I have not seen the Vi Jon version around in a couple of years now. My local supermarket, Shop Rite, discontinued their store branded Vi Jon “Spice” before I could stock up.

The scent was great and I think it was a bit closer to the original than the reformulated Old Spice is to the original. Still not a match.

Difference? I can’t put my finger on it, but something was missing/lacking from Vi Jon that made it clear to me it was not a copy of the original formula, but still better than the P&G version. The biggest issue for me with Vi Jon was the scent mostly disappeared after 30 minutes.

Hello all, I started a separate thread after forgetting about this one. I had a coworkers sister send me six bottles of Vi Jon Spice from Grand Rapids.

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_151839.jpg
    IMG_20190127_151839.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
The last time I’ve seen the Vi-Jon was at Family Dollar, about 2 years ago. I still have 3-4 bottles if the stuff :) P.S: Any input in the expiration date?

I went into a family dollar looking for the spice and couldn’t find it. Went to dollar General and could find Barbasol Pacific Rush or the Brisk.

On the bright side I tried Stephan Spice and to my memory it is similar to the Family Dollar Spice and is around $5.50 on Atlanta barber supply or about $11 on eBay shipped

6BE4DDC9-AAD9-41BE-9893-74C8F5C1CA58.jpeg
I went into a family dollar looking for the spice and couldn’t find it. Went to dollar General and could find Barbasol Pacific Rush or the Brisk.

On the bright side I tried Stephan Spice and to my memory it is similar to the Family Dollar Spice and is around $5.50 on Atlanta barber supply or about $11 on eBay shipped

Luckily for me, I found four bottles of the ViJon spice at a Family Dollar about a year ago. Good stuff, prefer it to Old Spice Classic, you know, the stuff that P & G stated is unchanged versus the Original, LMFAO! About the Stephans Spicy, it is nice, a little more subtle than Old Spice Original, but worth a try to any Old Spice man. Stephans is a barber supply house/Amazon thing. Worth a try, it is.

Top Bottom