What's new

Vi-Jon spice - extinct?

Last time I went into Family Dollar (probably 2 months ago by now), I noticed they had Vi-Jon spice on clearance for $1.50 a bottle. Bought two 7 ounce bottles, figured what the hell - I could use it as a base for some home blend if nothing else.
And I've heard several whispers of it being discontinued. Don't know.

I still have over a half a bottle of the Ivy Club Spice. Not too concerned if it is gone for good. I have over 12 oz of Avon Spicy and there is always more where that came from..

They were updating/remodeling our local family dollar a few months back, all spice was on the clearance rack for $1 I bought the 3 they had left. Asked the cashier if they were getting more. She informed me they wouldn’t be carrying it anymore. I have seen it at cvs for what seemed like a high price, but haven’t been there in awhile. Don’t know if it’s still available in drug stores.

I originally got mine at CVS a couple of years ago. I didn't know it was so cheap at FD back then. I'll have to stop in at my local FD soon and see if they still have any. It's a shame - I didn't like P&G OS at first, but after using the ViJon a while, it reoriented my sense of smell, and I love modern and vintage OS now. I'll hand mix them, and sometimes, I'll hand mix some P&G OS with a little of the ViJon.

If you have a Meijer store in your area (they're regional in the US) they still sell it as a current product. I picked up a bottle today and probably going to go back for a second when in the area again in case the manufacturer itself drops it.

They won't sell it online, it's in-store only and at $3.99 it's certainly not as cheap as Family Dollar offered it, but it is still considerably cheaper than OS and still smells great.

My local Meijer was recently sold out of it...

Hmm. The online locator says that all the local stores around me have them. Meijer's website will tell you what's in stock at which stores. Although I noticed that the bottle I bought show a manufacture date of October 2017. That's a while ago.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hmm. The online locator says that all the local stores around me have them. Meijer's website will tell you what's in stock at which stores. Although I noticed that the bottle I bought show a manufacture date of October 2017. That's a while ago.
Might have been a fluke. I'll check again soon. Maybe catch a sale.

I checked Family Dollar , Dollar General and CVS No Dice.

Yeah you're not going to find that in any of those stores anymore, they have not renewed their contracts. The only place I've ever seen it lately is Meijer and who knows how long that will continue.

Went to a Brand New Family Dollar Store that just opened close to my work. None to be found. The gal working there didn't know what I was talking about when I asked her.

I wonder if Old Spice corporate was catching wind that men liked the Vi-Jon version better?

hehe, probably not, but it's a fun to think about..

Is it the same brand as this?:
Vi John – ItalianBarber
They have blades and shaving cream.

That's different. Vi John is out of India and primarily sells there. Vi-Jon is a US company that makes many products for private label sale. There was once a pretty good copy of Brut aftershave along with the subject spice aftershave. I haven't seen the Brut knockoff in years, though I still have half of a nine year old bottle in my bathroom. In any case, Family Dollar stopped carrying this spice aftershave quite a long while ago and it's not going to be available at any of their stores anymore. The only store I know of that still has it as I write this is Meijer, which is a regional chain.

Top Bottom