What's new

VI-JOHN Super Platinum

Premiere shave with Vi-John's DE new blade , the Cryo-Tech Super Platinum , one of 2 new blades by Vi-John.... For younger shavers I can tell you VI-JON was a coast to coast brand in the U.S. for many years,,,Economy cosmetic products, but they worked just fine. When they folded the
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
Indians added a "H " to the name and have been cranking out very decent products since then. Vi-John creams work very well for me...I read another post where a shaver in Malaysia used this blade with horrible results....Not me !...I had a super smooth, BBS shave with zero nicks or irritation... As for longevity , I'm working on that and will post my findings...

Neat, what blade would you compare them to?

I've not seen them before, rather I've never thought to look for them. Glad new products like these are still being produced.

Vi-Jon is still in business in the US. They're just two different companies in two different countries, and Vi-Jon doesn't have as many customers for its knockoff aftershaves as it used to. I don't know if Vi-John in India has an actual US distributor for its products.

Cool blade thanks for the review! Where did you find these? I’m still searching for the infamous vi-john spice aftershave...

Cool blade thanks for the review! Where did you find these? I’m still searching for the infamous vi-john spice aftershave...

Where are you located, Macduff? Here in Mississippi, USA, I've seen them in Fred's, Dollar General, and Family Dollar stores at various times. They are getting harder to find. I know of one nearby Family Dollar that has about 6 bottles on clearance.

Vi-Jon is still in business in the US. They're just two different companies in two different countries, and Vi-Jon doesn't have as many customers for its knockoff aftershaves as it used to. I don't know if Vi-John in India has an actual US distributor for its products.
In the 60's they had a great Bay Rum, maybe $1 a quart...

I have tried a boatload of Indian blades in the past and the only two that passed muster were the discontinued Gillette Goal Stainless and the current Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum. That's not to say they haven't upped their game with this blade and if I ever order from IB again I'll try a sample.

This is correct as I work for Vi-Jon. The AS is/was made in the Missouri facility. I’m not sure if we even make it anymore. It’s never in the company store.

This is correct as I work for Vi-Jon. The AS is/was made in the Missouri facility. I’m not sure if we even make it anymore. It’s never in the company store.

I bet you never run out of hand sanitizer though...

Vi-Jon used to make a Brut knockoff better than real Brut. I have a half bottle left. I'm going to miss that when it's gone.

I bet you never run out of hand sanitizer though...

Vi-Jon used to make a Brut knockoff better than real Brut. I have a half bottle left. I'm going to miss that when it's gone.

Hand sanitizer, body wash, mouthwash, lotion, bathroom cleaner and baby products. Lol.

They were clearing some old stock a couple months ago and I grabbed a bottle of the Aqua Velva knock off they made. It was stout stuff for sure.

Where are you located, Macduff? Here in Mississippi, USA, I've seen them in Fred's, Dollar General, and Family Dollar stores at various times. They are getting harder to find. I know of one nearby Family Dollar that has about 6 bottles on clearance.

I’m up north in Connecticut. All Dollar General has here is Barbasol and a couple other normal ones you can find at any supermarket. Consider yourself lucky!

I think Barbasol Brisk is being discontinued as all Dollar General Stores have them marked down. They did that with their Pacific Rush a few years back. If you can find it the generic AS Men's Choice Brisk (Blue Cross Labs is the maker) is the best of the lot. Far more vibrant & spicier than even Mennen Brisk.

VI-JON U.S.A. had plenty of good products when I was growing up...The very first deodorant I ever bought is this one in the photo , just a cylinder of alcohol based perfume dumped into a very heavy glass jar with a stamped tin cap...
vi-jon.jpg
vi-jd.jpg
vi-jj.jpg
vi-jon2.jpg
vi-jonn.jpg

Brian, Do you know if Vi-Jon still makes Flag and Sail aftershave ? I bought it at Walgreens in San Fransisco decades ago , liked it but never saw it again . Thanks, Nick

Top Bottom