What's new

VI-JOHN Super Platinum REVIEW

My premiere shave with the new VJ platinum blade.... Very smooth for me, no nicks in 7 shaves with 7 different razors , 7 different creams / soaps...I was impressed how gradually the edge wore down. I could still squeeze more shaves out of the blade , but comfort level would drop..... My guess is the VJ blades are both manufactured by Super-Max....
IMG_0034.JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My premiere shave with the new VJ platinum blade.... Very smooth for me, no nicks in 7 shaves with 7 different razors , 7 different creams / soaps...I was impressed how gradually the edge wore down. I could still squeeze more shaves out of the blade , but comfort level would drop..... My guess is the VJ blades are both manufactured by Super-Max....View attachment 959394
Good brief report, good to know that from a seasoned shaver like yourself!
Have some great shaves!

Never seen these before. What's cryotech? You mention Supermax. So i suppose they are made in India?
Just a guess since they use a UK address , are located in India , and Vi-John has no razor manufacturing facilities...Cryotech sounds like the blades are subjected to a cold dip of some sort...

Thanks for the review. I am hesitant about buying any India made blades (except for Gillette 7 o'clock Black) after my experience with the Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium: 2 blades, 2 different razors and 2 nicks. Now I know why they don't make them anymore.

Thanks for the review. I am hesitant about buying any India made blades (except for Gillette 7 o'clock Black) after my experience with the Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium: 2 blades, 2 different razors and 2 nicks. Now I know why they don't make them anymore.
I didn't care for those blades either , but the Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinums were very smooth for me...

I have tried few blades each from both variants. They did not work for me in any razor I tried. Glad they performed well for you.
My sources tell me these are import from China. That rules out Super Max doing production runs for VI JHON.
On another note if you gentleman are finding Super Max range iffy I recommend their Diamond edge. It hold well against my Polsilver, Gillette Blacks and Feathers. It is plenty sharp and smoother than super max platinum range.

I have tried few blades each from both variants. They did not work for me in any razor I tried. Glad they performed well for you.
My sources tell me these are import from China. That rules out Super Max doing production runs for VI JHON.
On another note if you gentleman are finding Super Max range iffy I recommend their Diamond edge. It hold well against my Polsilver, Gillette Blacks and Feathers. It is plenty sharp and smoother than super max platinum range.
the only vendor I know selling these is the italianbarber.com.....If he verifies they are made in Communist China I won't be buying any .... smooth or or smooth...

MADE in INDIA ...according to the Italian Barber , who is the importer...
vi-john.JPG

I just try VI-JOHN Super Platinum today with GC .68 SB.
Comparing with Lord Platinum it's a little bit sharpper but almost same smooth.
A fine blade with that price I could go for next 100 purchase when I got something from IB...

I've used the ViJon Stainless and Platinums and they were both good.The Stainless was kinda like an Astra Stainless.Great deals on these blades from IT.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom