What's new

Vi-John/Italian Barber

Italian barber emailed me with new products list, lots of good stuff. Particularly interesting are the Vi-John blades. I was hoping for Vi-John aftershave.

I just saw the blades. This is the Indian Vi John brand who sell shave creams and shave foam. They seem to have released blades too. They have put a very popular Indian actor Shahrukh Khan who is their brand ambassador for advertisements in the media ! Hope to look up those blades locally and see how they are- don't like their shave creams much maybe the blades are better !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

They are appalling case of product released without even internal testing let alone a bigger group approval.
I got a puck each from both their variants and tossed them away after using a blade from each puck. Both tugged and pulled like crazy.
Both the steel and platinum variant seems to be Chinese imports. Not going to touch them even with a 20 feet barge pole. Even the 'Saloon' pucks of cheap Gillette Wilkinsons works out better than VI-JOHNS.

My favorite blade. The if it's Chinese it must be junk refrain is tiresome.
Not really, I use fair amount of Chinese products related to wet shaving but blades are in different league altogether. Years ago Gillette Wilkinson was my go to blade and Gillette India did put in efforts to keep the Wilkinson name respectable. Ever since they started to source from China that blade just isn't same anymore to me.
Chinese blades that I have tried left me wanting a better blade. Maybe blade making isn't their thing for whatever reasons.

Blades are largely personal preference. I've had no QC issues with Chinese Wilkinsons and they have replaced Permasharp, BIC, Nacet , and Supermax BDT in my rotation. FWIW I also had no problem with dark blue .Tian Li
Not really, I use fair amount of Chinese products related to wet shaving but blades are in different league altogether. Years ago Gillette Wilkinson was my go to blade and Gillette India did put in efforts to keep the Wilkinson name respectable. Ever since they started to source from China that blade just isn't same anymore to me.
Chinese blades that I have tried left me wanting a better blade. Maybe blade making isn't their thing for whatever reasons.

Top Bottom