What's new

Vetiver Citron

This one?
Sorry I did not respond earlier. That is the new sandalwood scent, they call a cologne intense. The earlier one with the good reputation was just sandalwood. Although I have no reason to think this version with cypress is bad. I am still liking the vetiver a lot. I visited some more TJ Maxx stores and still can't find any other AOS versions. Found one more vetiver for $24 and bought it.

Not to argue but to simply report, I sprayed a decent amount of the vetiver citron on my chest yesterday morning about 6:45, and wore a tee shirt all day that I slept in. So it is 27 hours later. It still lingers. As I said before, as much black pepper and wood as vetiver at this point, and, of course the citron part is long gone. But this is as good or better tenacity as I would expect for a quality vetiver scent.

Not to argue but to simply report, I sprayed a decent amount of the vetiver citron on my chest yesterday morning about 6:45, and wore a tee shirt all day that I slept in. So it is 27 hours later. It still lingers. As I said before, as much black pepper and wood as vetiver at this point, and, of course the citron part is long gone. But this is as good or better tenacity as I would expect for a quality vetiver scent.

this is why different scents work with the chemistry of people’s body. Myself I usually spray two sprays of any cologne and feel that is and should be adequate. Curious how many sprays you used?

FWIW, two maybe. Probably more like three half sprays or so. I proably do not usually use more than a full spray. But the spray amount varies a lot from bottle to bottle. I would say a full spray from this bottle is quite a bit of voume, if I recall correctly.

I wore it again, today. Sprayed it on my chest and wore a tee shirt ant dress shirt over. Definitely not a whole lot over one spray, if that. About 14 hours later at this point. I would say it is still pretty strong under my tee shirt. Still predominately vetiver at this point. The wood and pepper seems completely overwhelmed by it.

I am certainly not saying this is a monster frag in terms of tenacity or sillage. Not something like Profumum Fvmidvs or those other big, smokey vetivers. I would be looking for that anyway. And I realize some on-line reviews various places seem to reference a certain lack of ternacity/concentration. Just reporting what I smell. If I had spayed this on my neck or arm, it would probably not be as strong. Dry skin equals less tenacity, supposedly.

Like I say, FWIW.

I tried the Vetiver again by spraying it on my face and on the back of my hand. The citrus faded quickly in both places. On my face the vetiver was gone in an hour or so but on the back of my hand it persisted for hours. I had to get quite close with my nose but it was certainly there. Different areas of skin, different response.

<Different areas of skin, different response.>

There is that. Also, whether the skin is covered by clothing. As I said previously, but have not personally tested, dry versus oily skin. Luca Turin is known for not believing in any significant skin chemistry differences between individuals affecting the way a scent smells on them, but I think he changed his mind a little bit over the years. I am personally kind of agnostic about it

But also there is the matter of acclimation. Our noses get used to smells so that we do not really smell them anymore. One can over apply and not notice a scent after a while, but drive folks right off the elevator or out of the neighboring cubicle. Or so my wife tells me!

If I am seriously trying to test a scent, I spray it on the inside of my wrist where it is covered by my shirt. Then I sniff my wrist every hour or so, the idea being it is far enough away from my nose that my nose will not have acclimated to it. Lavender seems particularly easy to acclimate to in my experience. You will not smell it on yourself any more, but those around you will.

Again, I am generally personally not looking for out of the ordinary tenacity. Extraordinary tenacity in my experience usually means linear, too, and I like some evolution in my scents. Also, something like an Amouage extrait is just too much for me most of the time no matter how little I apply. YMMV

I swung by an AOS b&m store tonight. They are still selling these scents at full retail price.

Put some of the Green Lavender on the back of one hand and some of the Cypress Sandalwood on the back of the other. Three hours and change into these at this point. Maybe half a spray on each hand.

The Green Lavender is really nice, really distinct. Very green top notes, but dries down to something more like lavender, with some lingering green. Masculine. Bright. I would say reasonable tenacity. Wears fairly close without huge sillage.

The cypress blows off quickly leaving a very nice mild sandalwood. I do not have anything to compare side by side but seems very much like the old AOS sandalwood to me. Australian not Mysore.

I would love to bottles of bottle at TJ Max prices. I have not been able to find them at any local TJ Maxx.

Top Bottom