What's new

Vetiver, Any Suggestions?

I enjoyed my first C. Salter vetiver shave. Excellent performance (cushion, glide, post-shave, etc.), very similar if not the same as their wild rose. I prefer a strong, earthy vetiver, though; the kind that smells of dirt and worms. This one is excellent, but could have been stronger.

I enjoyed my first C. Salter vetiver shave. Excellent performance (cushion, glide, post-shave, etc.), very similar if not the same as their wild rose. I prefer a strong, earthy vetiver, though; the kind that smells of dirt and worms. This one is excellent, but could have been stronger.
Well I am a big Vétiver and C.Salter fan and I believe that this one is one of the strongest ...

Tam

Well I am a big Vétiver and C.Salter fan and I believe that this one is one of the strongest ...

Tam
So I was warned. I think QCS was stronger. Regardless, it is a great cream, super easy to lather, excellent post shave feel, etc.

I enjoyed my first C. Salter vetiver. I prefer a strong, earthy vetiver, though; the kind that smells of dirt and worms. This one is excellent, but could have been stronger.

Wow, you are the first I have ever heard comment that Salter's vetiver could be stronger. At one time just a few years ago, Salter's vetiver was considered the most pungent on the market. I had a tub of this that was so strong my wife made me quit using it. I had to trade it away. You could literally smell this stuff 30' away when I was shaving. I think you will be hard pressed to find something stronger.

At one time just a few years ago, Salter's vetiver was considered the most pungent on the market.
I wonder if they changed the recipe. I was hoping for an in my face, pungent vetiver. This one is good, but not strong. I sent a sample to another member who enjoys vetivers, and he had the same reaction.

I wonder if they changed the recipe. I was hoping for an in my face, pungent vetiver. This one is good, but not strong. I sent a sample to another member who enjoys vetivers, and he had the same reaction.

That s not the way I remember it....

Tam

Anyone try Stirling's Port-au-Prince?

I've read some reviews saying it's overshadowed by the lemongrass, others saying it's too pungent.

Salter's is pretty strong. I like it a lot.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new Art of Shaving vetiver and citron? I'm guessing it's the mostly springy, citrus-y type fragrance, but hoping it's more vetiver. If anyone has tried it I would love to hear.

Pannacrema still makes a vetiver.
I have enjoyed their early version.
I expect their current version should be similar.

panna crema vetiver kent filarmonica acca kappa white moss november 13 2017.jpg

Top Bottom