What's new

Vetiver Aftershave

I apologize if I have run a similar thread before. Am watching the level of my Fine Green Vetiver aftershave sinking toward the bottom, and I have no idea what to do for a replacement. I use my Green Vetiver in conjunction with my Guerlain Vetiver EDT, and can find no replacement. Think once Guerlain may have had a matching aftershave for their EDT but apparently not anymore. I need some suggestions for a vetiver aftershave. I think in previous conversations someone mentioned just using witch hazel, but I really would like a vetiver, alcohol aftershave. Help appreciated!

Thank you Shaving Panda and silver lifter! This morning I was reminded that I even have a sample of A&E Vetiver Magnificent shaving soap. Although my sample is a number of years old, I still can sense the fragrance! And with your recommendations I will certainly head to A&E to replace my dwindling supply of Fine' aftershave!

Royall (used to) put up a vetiver "all purpose lotion".
Used to be sold in Brooks Bros. stores.
You might try.

als bay vetiver simpson schulze royall june 8 2017.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have used Guerlain Vetiver as an aftershave. It worked for me. My curiosity is piqued by the St. John's Vetiver. In the summer, I often use their West Indian Lime cologne, which has a fairly pronounced vetiver note, as an aftershave.

I've been using Il Marchese Thai Vetiver AS. Its a lovely refreshing scent. Don't know if they still have it but I got it from Pasteur's Pharmacy.

Has anyone tried the Uomo vetiver aftershave?

Yep tried it, liked it but cam I get hold of it again without massive post cost....nope. a very lite but very refreshing scent and feel on the fqce after a shave. I paired it with a little fat electrician misted over the hair and face. Nice.

Yep tried it, liked it but cam I get hold of it again without massive post cost....nope. a very lite but very refreshing scent and feel on the fqce after a shave. I paired it with a little fat electrician misted over the hair and face. Nice.
Thanks for the info.

I don't know whether you are aware of MakeUp.Uk, but they have it on their website for just under £6, and they do free shipping for orders over £19. So it's not the cheapest aftershave out there, but not bad nonetheless.

Not that it’s a common find, but I think vintage 1940s Aqua Velva (it’s yellow, not blue) smells like MdC Vetyver.

I apologize if I have run a similar thread before. Am watching the level of my Fine Green Vetiver aftershave sinking toward the bottom, and I have no idea what to do for a replacement. I use my Green Vetiver in conjunction with my Guerlain Vetiver EDT, and can find no replacement. Think once Guerlain may have had a matching aftershave for their EDT but apparently not anymore. I need some suggestions for a vetiver aftershave. I think in previous conversations someone mentioned just using witch hazel, but I really would like a vetiver, alcohol aftershave. Help appreciated!

In case you're interested... I came across this ad for a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver After Shave and thought of your thread.

Just received my bottle of Ariana & Evans Vetiver Magnifique yesterday. Discovered the bottle is labeled as aftershave splash and cologne. Double duty is always nice! So far I have only dabbed a bit on my wrist to check the fragrance and sniffed at the bottle. My reaction is that it is vetiver but is not an exact match for Guerlain Vetiver cologne nor the now out-of-production/stock Fine Green Vetiver aftershave splash. (Those two do match). To my nose, Guerlain and Fine are a brisker, "cleaner" vetiver. A&E's take is sweeter and "funkier". Not sure in my mind yet what makes this so to me. Perhaps a touch of musk or sandalwood? I enjoy the Guerlain/Fine scent as a hot weather fragrance. Am thinking that A&E is more fall and winter. I shall see!

Razorock Zi' Peppino is in the ballpark of Fine Green vetiver, to my nose, so you might try that one. It's got a green tobacco profile that's similar in effect to the style of vetiver in the last edition (in the current Fine bottle style, not the yellow colored in the liquor flask) of the Fine Green Vetiver AS.

Top Bottom