What's new

Vetiver Aftershave

I apologize if I have run a similar thread before. Am watching the level of my Fine Green Vetiver aftershave sinking toward the bottom, and I have no idea what to do for a replacement. I use my Green Vetiver in conjunction with my Guerlain Vetiver EDT, and can find no replacement. Think once Guerlain may have had a matching aftershave for their EDT but apparently not anymore. I need some suggestions for a vetiver aftershave. I think in previous conversations someone mentioned just using witch hazel, but I really would like a vetiver, alcohol aftershave. Help appreciated!

Thank you Shaving Panda and silver lifter! This morning I was reminded that I even have a sample of A&E Vetiver Magnificent shaving soap. Although my sample is a number of years old, I still can sense the fragrance! And with your recommendations I will certainly head to A&E to replace my dwindling supply of Fine' aftershave!

Royall (used to) put up a vetiver "all purpose lotion".
Used to be sold in Brooks Bros. stores.
You might try.

als bay vetiver simpson schulze royall june 8 2017.jpg

The A&E Vetiver Magnifique is very close to Guerlains Vetiver, albeit not strongly scented. I received both for Christmas, and was my first time trying this Soap and AS. Pleasantly surprised.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have used Guerlain Vetiver as an aftershave. It worked for me. My curiosity is piqued by the St. John's Vetiver. In the summer, I often use their West Indian Lime cologne, which has a fairly pronounced vetiver note, as an aftershave.

I've been using Il Marchese Thai Vetiver AS. Its a lovely refreshing scent. Don't know if they still have it but I got it from Pasteur's Pharmacy.

Has anyone tried the Uomo vetiver aftershave?

Yep tried it, liked it but cam I get hold of it again without massive post cost....nope. a very lite but very refreshing scent and feel on the fqce after a shave. I paired it with a little fat electrician misted over the hair and face. Nice.

Yep tried it, liked it but cam I get hold of it again without massive post cost....nope. a very lite but very refreshing scent and feel on the fqce after a shave. I paired it with a little fat electrician misted over the hair and face. Nice.
Thanks for the info.

I don't know whether you are aware of MakeUp.Uk, but they have it on their website for just under £6, and they do free shipping for orders over £19. So it's not the cheapest aftershave out there, but not bad nonetheless.

Not that it’s a common find, but I think vintage 1940s Aqua Velva (it’s yellow, not blue) smells like MdC Vetyver.

Top Bottom