What's new

Vest pocket

So i have my best friends wedding coming up later this year and i would like to get a vest pocket pipe to keep in my suit.

I was going to buy 2, one for me and one for the groom to add to our collections as a memory of the special day.

I didn't see any at my local tobacco shop last time i was there. I am going to have to ask the owner.

Are these common or is this kind of a specialty pipe? I see some options online but not as many as say a billiard and other styles.

I know there are other small pipes but i just like the uniqueness of these.

Does anyone have a vest pipe that they recommend?

Thanks!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
So i have my best friends wedding coming up later this year and i would like to get a vest pocket pipe to keep in my suit.

I was going to buy 2, one for me and one for the groom to add to our collections as a memory of the special day.

I didn't see any at my local tobacco shop last time i was there. I am going to have to ask the owner.

Are these common or is this kind of a specialty pipe? I see some options online but not as many as say a billiard and other styles.

I know there are other small pipes but i just like the uniqueness of these.

Does anyone have a vest pipe that they recommend?

Thanks!
No but I would like to have one for my fly fishing vest. Looking forward to comments.

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes
Not the eye roll but still.
FB_IMG_1485801777375.jpg

I gave my groomsmen, dad and father in law, cobs, tampers and captain black. It was fun.

Last edited:
Not to be confused here; but, I personally find this to be a vague request. You mention a vest pipe but give no illustration on the style you are enamored with but say you like how they are unique to you. A person could do a lot of typing here for nuttin.’ And that is usually what happens in/with these threads. They turn into black holes and a whole lot of wasted effort.

These pipes, if I am mind reading correctly, are a fleeting commodity. Here today and gone tomorrow. All the major pipe manufacturer’s either have made them, continue in them, or have discontinued their own models of these pipes. The rest just sell out and they disappear until another vendor picks up where the other left off.

I don’t think there is that much in the design of these pipes that sets one apart from the others if that is what you are wondering. Of course, no telling if we are on the same page here and if we are not then I just wasted my time again.

Comoy’s, Rattray, Butz-Choquin, Savinelli are the brands I would buy for myself. For value and quality (bang for the $$$) I would choose the Butz-Choquin for about $40.00. For a stalwart brand and always a safe bet I would choose a Savinelli for about $65.00. By the way, the Savinelli is being discontinued and few are left. These are just my druthers/opinion(s.)

I was going to buy one of these pocket pipes that a vendor had on special clearance during Thanksgiving holiday. It was a Rattray brand. I did not buy it from them and that pipe is gone. Still a Rattray or two available but those are or near the top rung of $$$. I suggest if your “style” vest pipe is available you buy them before they disappear.

Is this the style of what you speak/seek? Yes, the stems fold the opposite direction for compactness.

4E5DFD84-EB36-49A0-81D5-4D8C15EFC024.jpeg

Not to be confused here; but, I personally find this to be a vague request. You mention a vest pipe but give no illustration on the style you are enamored with but say you like how they are unique to you. A person could do a lot of typing here for nuttin.’ And that is usually what happens in/with these threads. They turn into black holes and a whole lot of wasted effort.

These pipes, if I am mind reading correctly, are a fleeting commodity. Here today and gone tomorrow. All the major pipe manufacturer’s either have made them, continue in them, or have discontinued their own models of these pipes. The rest just sell out and they disappear until another vendor picks up where the other left off.

I don’t think there is that much in the design of these pipes that sets one apart from the others if that is what you are wondering. Of course, no telling if we are on the same page here and if we are not then I just wasted my time again.

Comoy’s, Rattray, Butz-Choquin, Savinelli are the brands I would buy for myself. For value and quality (bang for the $$$) I would choose the Butz-Choquin for about $40.00. For a stalwart brand and always a safe bet I would choose a Savinelli for about $65.00. By the way, the Savinelli is being discontinued and few are left. These are just my druthers/opinion(s.)

I was going to buy one of these pocket pipes that a vendor had on special clearance during Thanksgiving holiday. It was a Rattray brand. I did not buy it from them and that pipe is gone. Still a Rattray or two available but those are or near the top rung of $$$. I suggest if your “style” vest pipe is available you buy them before they disappear.

Is this the style of what you speak/seek? Yes, the stems fold the opposite direction for compactness.

View attachment 1205510

I apologize. I wasn't trying to be vague or waste anyone's time.

Yes, the picture you attached is what i was referring to. I know that profile of a pipe to be a vest pocket, and i did not realize there were other styles that are considered vest pipes.

The big chunky style with the reversible stem and oval bowl is what I am after

Here are a couple of examples below.

Butz-Choquin: (bottom of page)

Savinelli Roley:

I apologize. I wasn't trying to be vague or waste anyone's time.

Yes, the picture you attached is what i was referring to. I know that profile of a pipe to be a vest pocket, and i did not realize there were other styles that are considered vest pipes.

The big chunky style with the reversible stem and oval bowl is what I am after
I have a couple issues with true “vest pipes”. They be itty bitty, smoke hot, and are typically expensive, relatively speaking. I bought one once thinking, “how cute, I need one”. Think I smoked it twice. If I’m gonna take a smoke break at work, I want it to be worth my time. I don’t drink from an itty bitty China cup.

You weren’t wasting anyone’s time. Just trying to steer you in the right direction.

Not necessarily the place to buy but here is a Comoy’s of London. Bowl depth 1.50.”

Brand: COMOY'S OF LONDON Sub-name: VEST POCKET* Product: Non-filtered briar smoking pipe made in England since 1825 Product Figures are as following. Product number: 01-01-101 Finish: Polish light Shape: Full bent / Vest Pocket Length (In./mm): 3.94/100 Height (In./mm): 1.81/46 Weight (Oz./g): 1.57/44.5 Bowl outside diameter (In./mm): 2.36*1.10/60*28 Bowl inside diameter (In./mm): 1.02*0.67/26*17 Bowl depth (In./mm): 1.50/38 Bowl material: Briar wood Mouthpiece material: Acrylic Filter system: Non filter UPC code: 627753019754 Manufacturer: All of COMOY'S OF LONDON brand briar pipes are made carefully by Cadogan since 1825 in UK. What you see is what you get: pipe in the pictures is pipe you will receive. Cardboard box, pouch and 2 bags LEGENDEX 50'sX180 mm pipe cleanersof (Colourful soft and white bristle) included. The stainless steel folding pipe stand within the photos excluded, and could be ordered separately.

No need to apologize for contributing to a forum. If a member feels like it's a waste of time to respond to your inquiry, then maybe they shouldn't be wasting their time by responding in the first place.
You may be correct. What is your point? I stated mine clearly. You do not know me to make decisions for me. I would mind your own...

Get a couple of mini corncob pipes. :c1: But seriously, I smoked a pipe for a while, a while back, and there was nothing quite like a well broken in corncob pipe....until it burns through and your heart sinks, lol.

Which means you'll need at least three more to replace it.
Yeah, you always have a few, but there's always that ONE. Lol. Some models come with a hardwood bottom that can last a long time. I loved those things, especially with some hot smoking virginias. I had a couple of regular pipes too, I should dig them out.

Top Bottom