What's new

Very upsetting listing

I just saw a listing for the most rare ABC razor made. Amish knows which one I'm talking about. The idiot seller used steel wool and Maas to polish it. Why don't these idiots leave these collectables alone if they don't know what they're dealing with.

Len

Is using steel wool to polish silver of any kind even a normal practice? It is probably the last thing I would even think to try.

Blazing Saddles holds the answer.....

Jim
: [consoling Bart] What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

I have a friend that bought a pair of spurs at a yard sale.They were silver wire inlay from the 1700's.He promptly took them home and buffed them up with a buffing wheel.Three hundred years of patina .....gone.:scared:

I've got an ABC set at home that I'm looking to get replated because it's got absolutely no plating lets anywhere. I think it was cleaned with a wire brush.
How people can do something like that is beyond me.

I just saw a listing for the most rare ABC razor made. Amish knows which one I'm talking about. The idiot seller used steel wool and Maas to polish it. Why don't these idiots leave these collectables alone if they don't know what they're dealing with.

Len

proxy.php

I use 80 grit sandpaper on all my items.Really takes the "junk" off..followed by a long throw into the trashcan..what am i doing wrong???? lol...What a shame.has anyone had a razor replated? just wondering what that costs.Bye the way i did not buy this one

I use 80 grit sandpaper on all my items.Really takes the "junk" off..followed by a long throw into the trashcan..what am i doing wrong???? lol...What a shame.has anyone had a razor replated? just wondering what that costs.Bye the way i did not buy this one

Its really not that expensive. Depending on who you deal with, what plating you want to replate with and how much shipping is...any where from $25-$35.

This razor is extremely rare. I only know of two like this with the Gillette diamond on the cap of an ABC. Krumholz has a photo of it on page 156 of his book and appraises it between $100-$130 in fine condition. And that was in 1992.

Len

This razor is extremely rare. I only know of two like this with the Gillette diamond on the cap of an ABC. Krumholz has a photo of it on page 156 of his book and appraises it between $100-$130 in fine condition. And that was in 1992.

Len

That seller is an idiot then....hopefully that is no one from B&B :lol:

Top Bottom