What's new

Very impressed with Braun Series 3 310s electric

I have been on the hunt for an electric that gives an even passable shave. Sometimes I use it on my head, sometimes I want a quick "touch up" later in the day, sometimes I travel overnight and don't want to deal with a full wetshave.

I bought a cheap Remington foil shaver and while it's shaves were ok they never really wowed me and it takes an absurd 16 hours of continuous charging for a mere 30 mins of use.

On a whim I decided to try the Braun Series 3 310s wet/dry foil shaver. 1 hour charge for 20 mins of use, 5 min "quick charge" for one shave, wet or dry shaving and easy cleaning. Picked it up for about $40 at my local walmart and had a chance to try it for the first time today. I am extremely impressed with this razor. It didn't shave as close as my 37c but it did shave much closer then my gillette guard. What I can say is that this is absolutely the best balance between closeness and comfort I've ever had. I'm sitting here with near BBS everywhere on my face and neck, no redness or irritation, and overall a great shave.

This of course won't entirely replace wet shaving for me but I absolutely can confirm the quality of this razor and I will be using it much more often then I expected.

If you are interested in trying it out I was able to find the same model on Amazon for around $32 ($8 less) which qualifies for their free shipping.

Blasphemy.

Just kidding, I used the Braun Electric shaver for years before finding this forum. Though I think the ones I was using were very similar but around the $150 mark so it looks like they've come down in price. Personally I'll never go back but I do get the ease and simplicity that they bring. It seemed like I could get a decent but not perfect shave from them if I was willing to spend some time to get it.

At the $40 mark I see how it could be a nice supplement for a quick touch up before going out to dinner or a shave in the car when running late for work.

Blasphemy.

Just kidding, I used the Braun Electric shaver for years before finding this forum. Though I think the ones I was using were very similar but around the $150 mark so it looks like they've come down in price. Personally I'll never go back but I do get the ease and simplicity that they bring. It seemed like I could get a decent but not perfect shave from them if I was willing to spend some time to get it.

At the $40 mark I see how it could be a nice supplement for a quick touch up before going out to dinner or a shave in the car when running late for work.

I still have my preferred brush, creams, and razor on hand for regular use but I wasn't expecting it to be this good actually. Again, it's not my "daily driver" by any means but it will be a useful Ally in my battle against stubble.

I inherited my father's 7 series a few months ago and use it about once a week when I don't do a wet shave. I never would have spent that much money on it, but it does work very well, much better than my rotary.

I just got one of these. Really like it. I use a DE razor mostly and then use a Schick st2 for touch ups. Use the electric for touch ups and days I do not feel up to the DE thing.

For 32 bucks it is a no brainer.

I just got one of these. Really like it. I use a DE razor mostly and then use a Schick st2 for touch ups. Use the electric for touch ups and days I do not feel up to the DE thing.

For 32 bucks it is a no brainer.

I too was impressed with it. I actually have since bought the Braun series 7 with the cleaning station and it is far superior to the series 3 (though the 3 is still a quality tool). I can shave both my head and face in 20 mins or less depending on how close I'm trying to get where as a blade would take me about 45 mins to do both. I consistently get 95-99% of the final result of a blade shave but in half the time and almost zero irritation. I have exclusively been using the Braun 7 electric for about 2 months with major success, so much so that I got rid of most of my den.

When everything was all said and done I was able to get the Braun 7 with the cleaning station for around $100 when you take into account the sale that was going on, the additional rebate offered, and free shipping.

Thanks for the info slybrewguy. Those Germans make good stuff eh? Shamwow guy was right. Will consider getting the 7 but I have a lot of razors and blades to unload if I do the switch. hehe

I have been on the hunt for an electric that gives an even passable shave. Sometimes I use it on my head, sometimes I want a quick "touch up" later in the day, sometimes I travel overnight and don't want to deal with a full wetshave.

I bought a cheap Remington foil shaver and while it's shaves were ok they never really wowed me and it takes an absurd 16 hours of continuous charging for a mere 30 mins of use.

On a whim I decided to try the Braun Series 3 310s wet/dry foil shaver. 1 hour charge for 20 mins of use, 5 min "quick charge" for one shave, wet or dry shaving and easy cleaning. Picked it up for about $40 at my local walmart and had a chance to try it for the first time today. I am extremely impressed with this razor. It didn't shave as close as my 37c but it did shave much closer then my gillette guard. What I can say is that this is absolutely the best balance between closeness and comfort I've ever had. I'm sitting here with near BBS everywhere on my face and neck, no redness or irritation, and overall a great shave.

This of course won't entirely replace wet shaving for me but I absolutely can confirm the quality of this razor and I will be using it much more often then I expected.

If you are interested in trying it out I was able to find the same model on Amazon for around $32 ($8 less) which qualifies for their free shipping.
I was thinking of getting the Braun310 from Walmart for touch ups..or complete shave.

I was thinking of getting the Braun310 from Walmart for touch ups..or complete shave.

It works surprisingly well. I have very dense and thick hair so the stronger motor and sensitivity settings on the 7 suit my needs much more. However, the series 3 is a great tool for the price and if you have more "normal" beard growth then it should work just fine. One thing I highly suggest, spend the extra $20 or so to get a model that includes the cleaning station. I noticed drastically longer blade life, more shaves per battery charge, and an overall closer and more comfortable shave just from simply using the cleaning station after every shave.

It works surprisingly well. I have very dense and thick hair so the stronger motor and sensitivity settings on the 7 suit my needs much more. However, the series 3 is a great tool for the price and if you have more "normal" beard growth then it should work just fine. One thing I highly suggest, spend the extra $20 or so to get a model that includes the cleaning station. I noticed drastically longer blade life, more shaves per battery charge, and an overall closer and more comfortable shave just from simply using the cleaning station after every shave.
Great advice!!

Great advice!!

It's really amazing how much a clean and lubricated shaver makes a difference. Before I would rinse then spray with alcohol after use and it still did nothing compared to Braun's proprietary system. You can get the refill cartridges in bulk on line for very cheap or mix an aftermarket solution to save even more money.

It's really amazing how much a clean and lubricated shaver makes a difference. Before I would rinse then spray with alcohol after use and it still did nothing compared to Braun's proprietary system. You can get the refill cartridges in bulk on line for very cheap or mix an aftermarket solution to save even more money.
thank you

I've bought 3 310s because my old one was broken and I've seen a lot of good reviews on Amazon. After a few months, the shaver just stopped charging and wouldn't turn on. I sent it back to customer service and it was repaired under warranty. A few months later the same thing happened (no charging/power). At this point, I've asked Braun to replace the item under warranty, but they told me I had to submit a new claim as if the previous one never existed. I sent it back again and they repaired the item under warranty a second time. Again, it worked for a few weeks and then stopped charging again. One more bad thing - it irritates the skin. In my opinion, my time was spent in vain. Fortunately, now I have enough money and going to buy a Phillips 4500.

Thank you for the review. I currently use the Gillette Guard for my head shaves, but I'm looking for a replacement. I like the results and comfort provided by the Guard, but I now want to go in the direction of close and quick "good enough" head shaves. If I want to spend the time with lather and a brush which I will continue to enjoy for my face shaves, that option is still available. But my social interactions are few and far between these days, and I think I would be just as content with a daily head shave with an electric.

My previous experience with using an electric rotary razor for my head shaves left me with quite a bit of irritation and razor bumps on the back of my neck. I don't get any of that with the Guard providing I don't get too aggressive with the ATG passes. I'm hoping the Braun Series 3 will provide quick, close, and comfortable head shaves that I can knock out while working at my desk or watching television.

If you're looking for a Braun Series 3, I'd suggest a 3000s ProSkin. It's maybe $10 more than the 300s or 310s and includes improved battery capacity and a newer version of the shaving head. It feels better in your hand too with more soft-touch surfaces where you grip it. The latest ones I've seen In my part of the US are made in Germany, while earlier production was made in China like the 300s that I have. The two generations of heads don't look that different, but I think the newer version is actually better.

Reactions: bjm
@dontwo, thank you so much for the advice. I just did a quick search for "braun proskin" and added both the 3000s and 3040s to my wishlist. I'll continue with my research and finalize my decision between the two.

At first glance the differences seem to be wet/dry shaving and a pop-up trimmer. I'd just stick with the Gillette Guard if I decided to use lather. And I don't need a trimmer. The decision is getting easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom