What's new

Very Generous Donation From Truefitt & Hill

Gents-- As you may know, I've been working with the local college to put on a seminar on traditional shaving for some of the students in the residence halls. To that end, I've contacted a few vendors to see if they'd donate materials to help defray the cost of the seminar. Nancy Silverman at Truefitt & Hill just sent me a box full of samples of 1805 shave cream and Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil, a selection of cologne samples, and a few small bottles of shampoos and conditioners.

I want to publicy thank Nancy and T&H for their generous donation.

--Mark

Brilliant! Truefitt and Hill are very generous with their samples, although they sometimes take a while to arrive.

I hope the seminar goes well.

Wow,

That was GREAT of T&H. I'm sure that isn't my favourite T&H scent, but it should give those lucky students a chance to experience the great T&H products.

Goodluck Mark with the seminar, Im proud of you this is what we need more Knights in armour to spread the wetshave way of living.

Do you think you could use 100 SHARP Blades ? If so Id like to donate for your cause these blades are the most forgiving blades in the world specially for beginners and newbies Ill fight anyone who thinks contra ! :cursing:

PM me if we can set something up that is if my blades will arrive in time for your seminar we can work something out ! I know traderjoe is going to receive 300 this week or beginning next week I could have him send one pack to your house and send him another 100 ID think shipping within USA is faster Im sure he wont mind helping out.. well its your call.

Rene-- Thanks for the offer but they'll be using M3's or Sensors.

dustind-- Nope, this is one of the "personal enrichment" kinds of things that the Residence Hall dept. periodically holds.

rafikz-- I've been twisting Tweezerman's arm about a donation; otherwise I'll see if I can get them at a discount. If all else fails we'll use cheapo Surrey brushes from a local grocery store. :ohmy:

--Mark

Great news Mark and a doffing of the hat to Truefitt and Hill. While it doesn't happen on this forum, T&H gets bashed pretty heavily elsewhere. I've never understood it. Sure, they discontinued a couple of the cream scents on this side of the Atlantic but if they were truly trying to "force" us(I've seen that word used to describe them)to use the Ultimate Comfort line, don't you think that's what they'd have sent you? Okay, end of side tangent rant. Great job on your part for making the videos and holding the seminars and again, a hat's off to T&H.

Regards, Todd

mantic said:
dustind-- Nope, this is one of the "personal enrichment" kinds of things that the Residence Hall dept. periodically holds.

Mark, I work maintenance in residence halls at KU. A normal morning is the smell of Axe or Tag deodorants, shower gels, shave gels and I don't know what all. Typical shampoo scent for everything. I've discussed proper shaving with a couple of student workers before and to a (young)man they were ALL ears when I told them of the type of gear we use. It is my hope that a fresh generation will come to realise that they can use and smell of things classy and refined without breaking the bank. I know of at least one of these youngsters who was going to Target to check out the Proraso. Hey, you're making a dent!

Regards, Todd

SSLStudio said:
PM me if we can set something up that is if my blades will arrive in time for your seminar we can work something out ! I know traderjoe is going to receive 300 this week or beginning next week I could have him send one pack to your house and send him another 100 ID think shipping within USA is faster Im sure he wont mind helping out.. well its your call.

Just saw this post now, and it seems as though it may be a moot point now as your offer was declined, but I would have been more than happy to help out.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
mantic said:
rafikz-- I've been twisting Tweezerman's arm about a donation; otherwise I'll see if I can get them at a discount. If all else fails we'll use cheapo Surrey brushes from a local grocery store. :ohmy:

--Mark

Sally Beauty sells cheap shaving brushes. I mean really, really cheap chintze, cheesy brushes for about $3.50 each. I've never used one, I just know they have them.

Phog Allen said:
Mark, I work maintenance in residence halls at KU. A normal morning is the smell of Axe or Tag deodorants, shower gels, shave gels and I don't know what all. Typical shampoo scent for everything. I've discussed proper shaving with a couple of student workers before and to a (young)man they were ALL ears when I told them of the type of gear we use. It is my hope that a fresh generation will come to realise that they can use and smell of things classy and refined without breaking the bank. I know of at least one of these youngsters who was going to Target to check out the Proraso. Hey, you're making a dent!

Regards, Todd

You and Mantic should team up

Top Bottom